PDA

View Full Version : Tuner scan not getting all channels and ABM error 'timeout for tuner lock'

day
23-01-17, 11:08
Not sure if this is the right place to post this...?

Having a bit of trouble with my VU Duo picking up channels on my new sky dish. (VIX image, 28.2e)

I have moved house and Sky installed a brand new dish, the Sky Q box is working fine and picking up all channels, however when replacing it with my own VU Duo I couldn't get signal on my channels, did an automatic scan and its picked up only 86 channels, when trying to use ABM I get the error 'timeout for tuner lock'.

Works fine at another house, so believe tuners are setup correctly in the settings. Tried changing various settings including disabling tuner 2 but still only get the same 86 channels.

The sky engineer commented that he could only just get signal due to the facing of my house but I guess that as I am getting the channels on the Sky Q it should be fine on the Duo?

Any help at all would be great, Thanks

Ashley69
23-01-17, 12:31
I might be wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere the new sky q dishes/lnb will not work with the e2 boxes.

Huevos
23-01-17, 13:17
Yeah, Sky Q LNB is not compatible.

day
23-01-17, 13:33
Ah crap. Cheers guys.

So what are my options?

Replace LNB? (Is it easy?)

Get new receiver? (Anything you guys can suggest?)

Is this the same reason why I have heard people with FreeSat boxes having no signal problems when upgrading to Sky Q?

Andy_Hazza
23-01-17, 14:06
A new receiver wouldn't make any difference as its the new SkyQ LNB that is the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huevos
23-01-17, 14:40
Swap lnb for a hybrid.

day
23-01-17, 15:47
Cheers.

Doing some research I cannot seem to find anywhere that sells Hybrid LNBs. I read its something only Sky can supply. Any ideas?

Edit: unless I can trust these on Ebay... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKY-Q-MK4-HYBRID-6-WAY-LNB-For-Q-Sky-HD-/302203186436

Is an LNB easily replaced? and are the cables / connectors going to the Sky Q still the same as standard?

Huevos
23-01-17, 18:46
Yes easily replaced if you can access the dish.

cactikid
23-01-17, 23:06
worth mentioning at the time you also have freesat boxes so they can fit correct one to use for both,or for others thinking of this route.