PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] NFS won't install

Rimmel
20-01-17, 19:28
Hi, can't seem to install the NFS networking plugin. I select it and it asked if i want to download the package (Yes/No) I answer yes and it says it is going to install and reboot. After the rebbot it is not installed.... repeat... repeat.

Has anyone any ideas?

thanks

ccs
20-01-17, 19:58
The same thing has happened to a few people trying to install samba over the last year or so.

This seemed to work .....

(1) If I reflash and do not restore settings or plugins and only setup the wifi network (which seemed sensible), Samba installs ok.

(2) If I reflash and restore settings using the wizard, Samba now never installs. It goes thru' the reboot procedure,
but is then "disabled/stopped", and goes to the setup process again.

Restoring settings after step (1) leaves samba working ok.

Rimmel
21-01-17, 13:17
Thanks for the reply. Already tried fresh install though without restoring settings. It is still the same.

ccs
21-01-17, 15:46
I'd try an earlier release of 4.2, if NFS installs ok, restore settings and back them up.

Then reflash the latest release you want, and restore settings.

Shouldn't need to do it this way, but if it works....

(Probably worth taking an image backup before you start, then you can get back to where you were fairly quickly.)

Rimmel
21-01-17, 16:32
I'd try an earlier release of 4.2, if NFS installs ok, restore settings and back them up.

Then reflash the latest release you want, and restore settings.

Shouldn't need to do it this way, but if it works....

(Probably worth taking an image backup before you start, then you can get back to where you were fairly quickly.)

Hi thanks - where would I get an earlier version of NFS?

ccs
21-01-17, 16:35
.... I just meant flash an earlier version of ViX.

Rimmel
25-01-17, 19:21
Just flash to the very latest version - virgin install - nothing else. NFS will not install. looks like a bug with the Et9000 :thumbsup:

Does anyone know where I could get the base nfs .ipk so i can try a manual install?

thanks

*** Additional - just tried installing Appollo .166 on the ET9000 and that does EXACTLY the same. now someone mentioned that the feeds for Apollo were not active anymore?? So is it a problem with the feeds for the latest 4.x.xx version? Well a problem with the feed that supplies the NFS base ipk??

thanks