PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Update and pluggins issue

Spook
18-01-17, 20:55
Hi new to the forum. I have a vu+ duo box running build 4.1.016 when i try to update it comes up with an error message 'error - a background update check is i progress please wait a few minutes and try again' it gets stuck on this and I have to switch the box off at the plug to restart.

My other issue is on the pluggins. When I go to pluggins and press the green button to download it says 'downloading plugging information. Please wait for a few minutes' it then goes blank. It did come up with a error message and advised me to come to this site. So I've spent the evening looking on here.

Think I've found the solution and just need to update to build 23. By doing a couch install or something I read. Would this solve my problems? Or at least worth a try?

Huevos
18-01-17, 21:06
Feeds for that image are current so it must be a problem at your end. It the network connection on the box working properly?

Spook
18-01-17, 21:30
Feeds for that image are current so it must be a problem at your end. It the network connection on the box working properly?

Ive ran a network test lan adapter, local, dhcp, ip address and nameserver all have a tick.

Ashley69
18-01-17, 22:30
Yes you can do a couch flash to the latest image. But you cannot restore any settings from you settings back up. You can ftp into your box to retrieve cam info and add it back after flash.

Andy_Hazza
18-01-17, 22:33
Are you able to download the latest image from Image Manager? Blue button > ViX > Image manager > Yellow button > Select 4.2.026 and Green button to download.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spook
18-01-17, 22:37
Are you able to download the latest image from Image Manager? Blue button > ViX > Image manager > Yellow button > Select 4.2.026 and Green button to download.

Just tried and looks like it downloaded as its now in image manager.

Andy_Hazza
18-01-17, 22:44
So we know your network is ok. Do a backup now. ViX > Blue button > Backup manager & green button to save. When done that try couch flashing. Image Manager > highlight the image you have just downloaded & press the Blue button to restore and say Yes when prompted.
I think you maybe able to do a settings restore, not 100% certain though. If you are familiar with ftp, you could always save your softcam config files from usr/keys.

Spook
18-01-17, 22:51
So we know your network is ok. Do a backup now. ViX > Blue button > Backup manager & green button to save. When done that try couch flashing. Image Manager > highlight the image you have just downloaded & press the Blue button to restore and say Yes when prompted.
I think you maybe able to do a settings restore, not 100% certain though. If you are familiar with ftp, you could always save your softcam config files from usr/keys.

No not familar with ftp. What will i lose if i cant restore my settings?

Andy_Hazza
18-01-17, 23:12
You can't restore settings unfortunately. You would need setup the Vu+ Duo from scratch if you were to "couch flash" to 4.2.026.