PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Flash Full & FTP broken - Image Upgrade Advice Required

starscream
18-01-17, 20:34
Greetings.

I can usually find all the help and support I need on here without posting but this time I need help!

I not had many issues with my box and not done any updates for a while (if it's not broken don't fix it).

Problem is that FTP hasn't worked for a couple of weeks and the box has been crashing quite a lot this week due to the flash memory being full (4k free from 196MB) so today I have connected via telnet and found the crossepg.descriptors.db was 160MB so I have deleted it, added a USB drive and pointed EPG to that and re-downloaded and all is fine. I thought this would also resolve the ftp issue but it hasn't.

I go to menu > Setup > System > Network > FTP Setup and current status is stopped. Pressing the Green button for Enable does nothing.

Also if I go to download any plugins or software update it says it's not connected to the internet but it is as I connect to it from work everyday.

As I can't find any fix for the FTP issue I'm thinking an update will resolve this issues but wanted to ask if there's any specific upgrade paths or goes update to the latest stable version?

Any help will be greatly received

Thanks

Tkr001
18-01-17, 21:07
Update to he latest version on the feeds. Coming from Zeus you will have to flash and set up from scratch. No settings or plugins restores.

Huevos
18-01-17, 21:11
How do you connect to it from work. Are you saying this box is exposed to the public internet. If so that is the cause of your problems. It has been hacked and is no longer working properly.

starscream
18-01-17, 21:13
Feared that might be the case. i'm guessing it will keep all my recordings on my HDD and I can still access them after flashing?

starscream
18-01-17, 21:19
It was exposed I've just locked it down on my firewall to works IP address to stop it from happening again cheers for the heads up!

starscream
19-01-17, 12:00
Reflashed to latest image (OpenViX 4.2.026) and had to set everything up from scratch and now ftp is working and flash is at 44% so box is no longer crashing.

Only issue I have have now is that I cannot stream to my laptop locally and also no longer have access to openwebif from the internet only from local network.

I will continue to work on this tonight when I get home.

MikeBag
04-06-22, 17:35
I had the same problem and the issue was that the user name and password should be root for both and it resolved it for me with the latest images.

Huevos
04-06-22, 20:39
I had the same problem and the issue was that the user name and password should be root for both and it resolved it for me with the latest images.Only if the user has set the password on the STB is "root".

But anyway you are replying to a 5 year old thread.