PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Main Menu opening/closing randomly?

harryajh
18-01-17, 19:06
Experiencing some really strange behaviour, the "Main Menu" has suddenly started to open/close on it's own accord!

tried rebooting, updating to latest OpenVix version and even tried a 2nd Remote (as I thought the "Menu" button may be sticking), absoultely no difference!

I'm using the Blue-HD skin and I've haven't changed anything (knowingly) for several weeks - apart from my box being possessed by a Poltergeist, has anyone any ideas what's going on? I'm totally stumped what to try next!

many thanks

dsayers
18-01-17, 19:15
Do you use openwebife it could be someone on your network winding you up or if you've opened ports to view outside of network it could be someone who hass accessed your box

Andy_Hazza
18-01-17, 19:17
Yep sounds like someone winding you up defo. I've done it to friends in the past. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birdman
18-01-17, 19:20
I've done it to friends in the past. lol"friends in the past" as in they used to be your friend, but no longer are? :)

Andy_Hazza
18-01-17, 19:23
lol. No still good friends of mine. [emoji87]

IAmATeaf
18-01-17, 20:06
Another thought I've seen are energy saving bulbs causing these types of issues but I've got them in my house and have never had any problems with any device so am not sure if they actually can cause problems.

harryajh
18-01-17, 20:16
damn! got on here hoping no one had replied so I could delete it quick because I've found out what was causing it .............................................
major, major embarassing, now I have to explain...
I bought a Wireless Keyboard last week to use with Kodi etc... this was in a pocket on the side of my couch, everytime anyone moved, buttons got pressed!

I now feel the biggest Plonker on the planet, my Fridge full of Beer is about to get demolished (if I can stop laughing), thanks for all the replies, hope I made you all smile also!

:roflmao::sofahide::roflmao:

dsayers
18-01-17, 20:47
Pmsl it made me laugh

Andy_Hazza
18-01-17, 22:30
hehe. That made me chuckle. 🤣

jukkal2
19-01-17, 16:20
I bought a Wireless Keyboard last week to use with Kodi etc... this was in a pocket on the side of my couch, everytime anyone moved, buttons got pressed!

Well, at least that's better than having been hacked.

ccs
19-01-17, 16:21
... or shredded by a strimmer.:)