PDA

View Full Version : recording feature no longer working,

sut
16-01-17, 22:49
hi guys.

looking for some help please.
my box has been working fine for months but over the last week it have had issues with recording. when i set a program to record it does not record although i get a on screen message to say it has started to record it and when i go to my hdd it shows the program in there but when i click on it to play the screen goes black as if its stating to play and shows the epg title of what should play and the time duration bar. the time duration bar shows 0 hrs or mins and then just turns itself off and back to the original program i was watching.

dont know if it helps but i am able to record what i am watching.

anyone know what maybe wrong or able to help please?

twol
17-01-17, 07:57
Turn on debug logs ......after the issue occurs ...do a restart 1st and then find the log and post

sut
17-01-17, 12:46
i have got up this morning and now found i cant update my tv guide. now not sure if this is down to something i have done while trying to fix the none recording issue or if the box just need a complete reset. when trying to update i get the message saying " timeout for tuner lock "
i have turned on debug logs i think and sent it to email a copy to myself i think lol.
when i attempt to sent the debug file to myself it tells me i have not setup my user info in the setup screen. i have added my email address to sentthe file to but it dont seem to do it. any idea what im doing wrong?

twol
17-01-17, 12:49
ftp the log to your pc and post it into this thread

sut
17-01-17, 12:55
i have got up this morning and now found i cant update my tv guide. now not sure if this is down to something i have done while trying to fix the none recording issue or if the box just need a complete reset. when trying to update i get the message saying " timeout for tuner lock "
i have turned on debug logs i think and sent it to email a copy to myself i think lol.
i am not sure but the file does not appear to be getting emailed to my or if it is its taking ages. how can i get the file on here for you to view?

sut
17-01-17, 13:03
how do i ftp the file to my pc?

twol
17-01-17, 13:20
usually filezilla from wherever its stored on the receiver - provided you have stored on hdd or usb you will find it in /media/HDD or usb/logs
Depending on your PC software you might see teh receiver directly at the receivers IP address

sut
17-01-17, 13:23
been year from when i last used filezila. can you remind me how i find out what the hist username pass and port is please.

sut
17-01-17, 13:48
ftp the log to your pc and post it into this thread

i have ftp'd to my pc do you just want me to copy and paste it into here as it seems to big very big? or is there a different way to do it?

twol
17-01-17, 14:24
You can attach it (just use go Advanced button -bottom right middle button)

sut
17-01-17, 17:08
thank you so much for your help. i have fixed the issue though. when i started to think about the fact that i had lost the ability to record and download the epg i started to check the turners,
i found i had no signal to turner . after a lot of looking checking and playing with the sat dish my neighbour finally came out and told me that she thinks she may have damaged my cable the other day while using the petrol strimmer.
guess what yep she had badly damaged the cable and tried to hide it with a garden statue,

all fixed now after slicing and splicing in new cable all back to normal.

thank you so much for all the help.