PDA

View Full Version : [ET8x00] Autotimer suddenly stopped working

RogerTheTodger
16-01-17, 18:25
I have two autotimers set up for my lad to record WWE Raw Live and WWE Smackdown Live late on Monday and Tuesday nights. These have worked very well for months, until a few weeks back they suddenly stopped recording. I check the recordings the following mornings and there is nothing there, even though the timers are enabled and I leave the box in standby overnight.

The wife also has an autotimer to record all the Corries, and this continues to work well.

I've tried deleting and recreating the WWE autotimers, but they still fail to record.

Any idea what I should be looking at? I haven't, to the best of my knowledge, changed anything.

adm
16-01-17, 19:25
Has the broadcaster subtly changed the name of the program(s)? Common causes is that the timer has been set up for an exact match and the broadcasters have added 'new' to the front of the program name or instead of using the abbreviation WWE they have used the full name or added a colon or full stop between WWE and the rest of the title

RogerTheTodger
16-01-17, 20:39
thanks adm, something similar did cross my mind, but you'd think it would have picked up any title changes when I created the timers again. I'll give it a go tonight and try turning 'exact match' off.

No1gooner
16-01-17, 20:54
I record both myself and they have changed the name and added 2017 to the title, as you've set up new timers then they should have recorded, like has been said above try turning off 'exact match' I always un-tick just incase and set up new timers for WWE myself when I noticed the title change and both recorded fine last week and new timers added for this week.

adm
16-01-17, 21:29
Once the auto timer has found something to record it will place individual timers in menu -> timers -> timers and mark them 'waiting'. Do you have you any waiting timers for WWE........ set for the next occurrence of the program (if it is currently in your 7 day EPG)

ccs
16-01-17, 22:13
thanks adm, something similar did cross my mind, but you'd think it would have picked up any title changes when I created the timers again. I'll give it a go tonight and try turning 'exact match' off.Remember that if you change an autotimer, when you've pressed green to save the changes, you also need to press green to exit the autotimers list.
Otherwise the changes will be lost.