PDA

View Full Version : Advice on VU+ Uno two satellite LNB choices

HughR
16-01-17, 13:21
Although I've been a satellite tv enthusiast for many years, this is my first post on this forum. After several years of falling behind the times, I recently bought a Denon 4K surround amp and blu ray player and have ordered a Panasonic 65DX902B 4K tv which is arriving at the end of the week.

I am looking at buying a VU+ Uno as an update from my current Humax HD PVR. I have a Humax Freesat box, so the VU+ Uno would be set up for two satellites, Astra 19.2 and Hotbird 13. Alternatively on Astra 19.2 for tuner 1 with the second tuner used for a motorised connection.

My question is on the type of lnb I should buy? The easiest solution would be a fixed monoblock dual sat lnb ( I have an 80cm dish).

But as the VU+ Uno is compatible with Unicable lnbs, I wonder whether to buy two of them, one for each sat, or just one and connect the legacy port to the second tuner and buy a new motor as I read that the Unicable lnb itself is not motor compatible.

What are the recording capabilities on the Uno using a dual sat monoblock lnb on Atra and Hotbird versus the benefits of a Unicable lnb with the legacy port for a motorised connection? Any advice on setup and lnb choice would be appreciated.

john doe
16-01-17, 15:43
to be honest bud, I would look at another box, the uno (which was a really good box) is getting old and there's better boxes out there cheap enough.

goosegog
16-01-17, 15:58
to be honest bud, I would look at another box, the uno (which was a really good box) is getting old and there's better boxes out there cheap enough.

Im sure he must mean the 4K uno if hes talking about the unicable stuff[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HughR
16-01-17, 22:04
You are right, I meant the Uno 4K. If I can figure out how to delete this post (can't see how). I have put it on the Uno 4K discussion thread now. Please will a Mod can help out by deleting this post.

john doe
17-01-17, 13:43
You are right, I meant the Uno 4K. If I can figure out how to delete this post (can't see how). I have put it on the Uno 4K discussion thread now. Please will a Mod can help out by deleting this post.

ask the admins to close and/or move