PDA

View Full Version : Re-booting

silverblack
15-01-17, 20:44
Anyone else getting loads of reboots since updating to 4-2-026 ?
Iv'e had at least 10 since updating a few days ago.This morning the box was in a bootloop of crashing.
Had to unplug it to get it going again.It just rebooted again tonight and froze so had to switch off again.
I did try and get the crash log but logging into the box caused it to crash.
Iv'e rolled back to 021 in the meantime as that appears stable.
I updated to 026 using the image manager would that make any difference to using the USB stick method ?

No1gooner
15-01-17, 22:16
I haven't given 026 a good run yet, I updated the other day and noticed an issue with the timeline in the graphical epg so reported it and rolled back (again!) to 016, it seems 016 is the most stable version at the moment for the os mini, the PIG issue kept me on 016 previously, the last few vix updates have been a bit flakey.
Only problem with 016 is I've lost access to the plugins feeds because of the kernel change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrxbox360
15-01-17, 22:49
i updated both my os mini boxes to v26 & so far both been fine ;)

Garglo
22-01-17, 12:35
I too couldn't load Open Vix 4 2 026 image it just kept rebooting. This was both from the menu update and also from USB load. Thankfully I had saved a much earlier 4.2 version and USB'd that onto the Vu+Solo2 and the via USB updated to 4 2 023 which loaded no trouble. I couldn't access the crash log but managed the screen detail which is attached. 52232

Bodmass
23-01-17, 22:00
In .026 & mine sticks in boot mode whenever I try to do a full reboot. Have to power off and it restarts OK.

Garglo
23-01-17, 23:06
Found my problem other than going back to earlier version. I had the Kodi Direct plugin installed. Once removed from plugins the 026 installed OK. I see I'm in the wrong forum place for this as I have a Vu+Solo2 so this may not apply to the Edison. Good luck. If you want Kodi then you should install Vuplus-Kodi from the plugin extensions menu. Its a bit Micky Mouse as a plugin and never liked it but I support many people whom want to experiment / view content with it. I have Nasa TV on it and that still works fine from earlier installs. Didn't have to re-select as a choice.

cactikid
23-01-17, 23:11
interesting as i was setting up a new twin edison and kodi direct kept crashing it,so removed it.:D

birdman
23-01-17, 23:29
In .026 & mine sticks in boot mode whenever I try to do a full reboot. Have to power off and it restarts OK.Odd, as powering off and back on will do a full reboot....

Bodmass
24-01-17, 00:47
Odd, as powering off and back on will do a full reboot....

Quite :confused:

It brings up 'Boot' on the display when powered on (where it sticks on soft reboot) and then just gets on with it.

Last time I checked it produced 44 debug & crash files in the process (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?55148-Box-stuck-in-Boot-mode-on-reboot&p=435169&viewfull=1#post435169)

Bodmass
25-01-17, 02:52
First reboot in .027 goes without a problem :thumbsup:

Bodmass
26-01-17, 00:01
No. I was too quick. Still exactly the same issue.

silverblack
26-01-17, 01:51
No. I was too quick. Still exactly the same issue.

LOL i installed it too and while browsing through the EPG it froze and rebooted :confused:

silverblack
26-01-17, 19:37
On 4.27 now but still getting freezes, reboots.

zeefah
26-01-17, 23:30
Anyone else getting loads of reboots since updating to 4-2-026 ?
Iv'e had at least 10 since updating a few days ago.This morning the box was in a bootloop of crashing.
Had to unplug it to get it going again.It just rebooted again tonight and froze so had to switch off again.
I did try and get the crash log but logging into the box caused it to crash.
Iv'e rolled back to 021 in the meantime as that appears stable.
I updated to 026 using the image manager would that make any difference to using the USB stick method ?
I get the same problem too randomly freezes and reboots very frequently ive rolled back to 4.2.023 still same problem but not as frequent if i roll back any more then i cant update as kernal has changed so left it at 23 hoping new upates will resolve the issue am going to try the latest image and see if it stops the problem

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

silverblack
27-01-17, 01:57
I get the same problem too randomly freezes and reboots very frequently ive rolled back to 4.2.023 still same problem but not as frequent if i roll back any more then i cant update as kernal has changed so left it at 23 hoping new upates will resolve the issue am going to try the latest image and see if it stops the problem

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I've went back to 0.21 again from the latest 0.28 after this latest mishap.

http://i68.tinypic.com/291nlno.png

And the first crash log.