PDA

View Full Version : Tuner problem

kevez83
15-01-17, 19:55
Hi I have a problem with my box and I'm wondering if any one can help me.

Basically when I check the signal on the satellite and it is saying that the and AGC is at 15% and snr is 85% on tuner a and on tuner b AGC is at 54% but when I switch the cables around it says the same signal strength for each tuner.

When I connect a different box(mutant hd1200) to the cables the AGC is at 99% on both cables. I only check the signal because I and get 1second glitches and it was bugging me.

Thanks for any help

Andy_Hazza
15-01-17, 20:20
Don't worry about those readings. Does the ET8000 have any picture issues regardless of the signal readings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
15-01-17, 20:36
AGC is irrelevant and SNR differs between different receivers, so really it is only a guideline :) but can be used for aligning your dish.
If by switching connections the SNR varies significantly then check your connections.

kevez83
15-01-17, 20:38
Yes it has little glitches for 1 second about 10 ten times a minute it's very annoying and unwatchable.

bassethound
15-01-17, 20:47
Yes it has little glitches for 1 second about 10 ten times a minute it's very annoying and unwatchable.

Does this happen on a free to air channel like BBC? if not we cant help any further c/s talk is not allowed on here:nono:

kevez83
15-01-17, 23:20
Yes it happens on FTA channels so making me think it a hardware issue as I have swapped the tuners around and reflashed the box and still the same outcome