PDA

View Full Version : Nano 2 super tuner issue

strebord
15-01-17, 17:30
I have an issue with my box when making a recording and trying to record or watch a 2nd channel. If I'm recording something and switch channels then the channel starts glitching. If I try and record 2 channels then one of the recordings will be blank (just black screen and no sound for the full duration of the recording).

It doesn't appear to be be a tuner fault as both work fine if I disable the other so I can only assume it's a software issue. Any help would be gratefully received.

It's been causing problems for some time but I've only just realised it's only when both tuners are working together. I've done plenty of clean installs of VIX and not had any different results

Andy_Hazza
15-01-17, 19:05
What softcam are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strebord
15-01-17, 22:51
Mgcamd 1.38 I think

strebord
16-01-17, 08:46
Just checked this morning and it's mgcamd 1.38c

joysleep1
16-01-17, 11:55
Could it be the signal ?

strebord
16-01-17, 19:54
Could it be the signal ?

No, as I said, both tuners are fine when used on their own

strebord
16-01-17, 20:05
I have an issue with my box when making a recording and trying to record or watch a 2nd channel. If I'm recording something and switch channels then the channel starts glitching. If I try and record 2 channels then one of the recordings will be blank (just black screen and no sound for the full duration of the recording).

It doesn't appear to be be a tuner fault as both work fine if I disable the other so I can only assume it's a software issue. Any help would be gratefully received.

It's been causing problems for some time but I've only just realised it's only when both tuners are working together. I've done plenty of clean installs of VIX and not had any different results

abu baniaz
17-01-17, 06:01
it could be an LNB fault. Can you try receiver at a friend/family members place?

strebord
17-01-17, 07:08
it could be an LNB fault. Can you try receiver at a friend/family members place?

I have a 2nd box upstairs which works fine so I can switch them over later on to check if it is the lnb/feed

abu baniaz
17-01-17, 07:11
switch the other receivers off, then off at mains.

strebord
17-01-17, 08:53
OK, I've switched the boxes over and box 2 works perfectly on both feeds (upstairs and downstairs) whilst the TM glitches on both feeds. I've also noticed is if it's a FTA channel being watched when another recording is taking place there is no glitching

Piranha
17-01-17, 10:41

Presume that you have checked the setup of your tuners? You are not a newbie so I guess that you have checked your dish alignment, cables and 'F' type joints from LNB to receiver(s)? Preferred tuner settings?

Have you checked in Menu/Setup/Service Searching/Signal finder that both tuners have a good signal?

Furthermore, without transgressing forum rules, you perhaps need to check that your Softcam is setup correctly and that you are allowed to use more than one tuner.

Apologies if you think I am insulting your intelligence or knowledge, but I can only offer suggestions based on the information you have provided so far.

Best of luck!

strebord
17-01-17, 18:56
switch the other receivers off, then off at mains.

I've had it plugged in whilst the other box is unplugged on both the downstairs and upstairs feeds but no change, still glitching. I'm still leaning towards a software issue due to the tuners working independently. My only other thought was possibly a HDD issue? Although I think it's unlikely as I can record and watch back or timeshift with no issue (do 2 things at once there)

My thoughts now are:

1. Try a different image
2. Unplug the hard drive and try recording to a usb drive
3. Do a fresh install but don't load any skins and also try and earlier mgcamd (1.35?)
4. Throw it in the bin

Any other suggestions?

strebord
17-01-17, 18:58
Thanks for the reply. I've discounted those. I did also start a thread on the box specific forum which I should have cross referenced http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?55091-Nano-2-super-tuner-issue

strebord
18-01-17, 15:01
Does no one have any ideas on this one?

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

twol
18-01-17, 15:08
Post #11 indicates that FTA channels are fine, so it must be the way you are accessing the encrypted channels :)

strebord
18-01-17, 17:19
Post #11 indicates that FTA channels are fine, so it must be the way you are accessing the encrypted channels :)
Maybe if it wasnt fine with when only 1 tuner is in use and my 2 nd box wasnt working perfectly. I can only assume it to be. Software issue if the 2 tuners work on their own

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

strebord
19-01-17, 20:41
Just an update on this, I've managed to get it working by doing a fresh install after a factory reset. I've also formatted my usb stick and deleted any back ups I had. Don't know what the issue had been but it's sorted now. Thanks to those who replied