PDA

View Full Version : turn off box on PC and leave on with tv, is it possible ?

BRAVEHEART
15-01-17, 01:49
System OE:OE-Alliance 3.4
Firmware version:OpenViX 4.2.021 (2016-12-06)
Kernel / Drivers:3.9.6 / 20151124

The Vu box is based at the living room tv, connected to the same router as my computer in the other room is (ethernet connection).

I was wondering with my genuine VU+DUO if it is at all possible to have the VU box switched on in the living room as the misses watches stuff etc on her TV and I can have the VU turned off in here at my computer via the Open Webif ?

Every time she puts the box on I can see that on open webif it also comes on too and vice versa, if I turn it off using open webif from the computer it turns the box off in the living room.

I understand that some people will say well whats the big deal I am not watching anything on the box via my PC, but I have personally noticed for some strange reason that its having a slight impact on my broadband speed, when she puts it on in living room I can see on my PC internet speed it uses about 1 to 2Mbps off of my internet speed, again, that may not sound anything to anyone, but I am only curious to know if I can do what I am asking, that's all. (have one on and one off I mean) :confused:

Thank you for any help one may give, cheers.

Rob van der Does
15-01-17, 03:20
If by "Every time she puts the box on I can see that on open webif it also comes on too and vice versa" you mean to say that the On/Off switch on the WEB-IF follows the status of the box, the answer to your question is 'no'. The reason is that this is only showing the status rather then actually doing anything with the status. And hence switching it to 'off' won't make your misses happy :p

birdman
15-01-17, 05:22
I understand that some people will say well whats the big deal I am not watching anything on the box via my PC, but I have personally noticed for some strange reason that its having a slight impact on my broadband speed, when she puts it on in living room I can see on my PC internet speed it uses about 1 to 2Mbps off of my internet speedApart from, possibly, doing occasional EPG downloads it shouldn't be using the Internet at all.

abu baniaz
15-01-17, 05:50
The power options in openwebif turns off the box, it does not turn off openwebif.

BRAVEHEART
16-01-17, 01:55
so in other words in makes no difference at all to computer or internet usage if its switched on in open webif if am not watching anything on the computer via the VU box, well ok, fair enough, i wanted to know, so now know, cheers.

judge
16-01-17, 02:22
You seem to be mixing a few things up.
Your VU box is a basic computer with TV tuner cards.
When it's turned on or in standby, it can be accessed from most network devices.
When it's in deep standby, it can't unless it supports WOL.

birdman
16-01-17, 03:20
.... if its switched on in open webif...It's not "switched on in open webif". webif is merely reporting the current status of the physical box.