PDA

View Full Version : Mutant crashing

Nunhead_Man
15-01-17, 00:18
After long stability my 2400 has now crashed three time in two days - first time I sent a log through.

have not checked for othr logs yet

Each time it has wiped the epg and channels list meaning I have to reset bouquets, reload servives and reload epg.

This is using openvix-4.2.011.release-mutant2400_usb although it may have downlaoded a few software updates since then

Is there a new stable release ?

And what else can i do?

Nunhead_Man
15-01-17, 11:18
And I'm obviously doing something wrong as I've just uploaded all the channels we want and populated the epg but now cannot select channels there

All this while our 10 year old Topfield works flawlessly

ccs
15-01-17, 11:47
.... no updates are automatically installed, it's up to you to select them.

Crash logs need to be attached to a post (using the advanced option). The "sending" process shouldn't be used, and I believe is being withdrawn.

Andy_Hazza
15-01-17, 11:47
I have a Mut@nt HD2400 using latest image and no issues here. They are all stable release, ViX wouldn't release any unstable images.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nunhead_Man
15-01-17, 14:12
Hi - thanks both

CCS when you say logs should be attached do you mean here?

And wonder if I've got something wrong in the menu choices in the bouquets / channel load / epg chain as the box keeps loosing it channel choices and epg?

Best

Andy

ccs
15-01-17, 14:22
CCS when you say logs should be attached do you mean here?
Yes, start a new post, go to advanced options and select manage attachments.

Nunhead_Man
15-01-17, 16:07
OK - again thanks - but how do I find the logs - I can get access via "OpenWebif = Open Source Web Interface for Linux set-top box Mut@nt HD2400" but cannot see the logs

BTW if this is a hard drive issue do these take 2.5" drives? And up to what size?

ccs
15-01-17, 16:29
You can't access them using OpenWebif, although it would be a really useful feature if you could.

Logs are held in /media/hdd/logs.

I simply use windows file explorer to copy and paste them. (I have Samba enabled, found in network setup.)

Alternatively you can use ftp or putty to get hold of the files.

Nunhead_Man
15-01-17, 16:48
Thanks again and hmmmm - using PuTTY it is asking for user and password - I've not set this myself so is there a default one?

ccs
15-01-17, 16:49
Probably root and no password.

Nunhead_Man
15-01-17, 17:18
Thanks - got there - will start a new thread momentarily