PDA

View Full Version : 12hr timeline

No1gooner
13-01-17, 17:33
Just updated to 4.2 026 and noticed that my timeline in the epg is no longer in 12hr as I have it set to, I've checked my settings and timeline 24 hour is set to no, I've tried toggling it to yes and saving then back to no then saving but it remains in 24hr when set to no, I've just upgraded from 4.2 016 and it is fine on that version, anyone else experience the same problem on 4.2 026?

john doe
13-01-17, 17:39
Just updated to 4.2 026 and noticed that my timeline in the epg is no longer in 12hr as I have it set to, I've checked my settings and timeline 24 hour is set to no, I've tried toggling it to yes and saving then back to no then saving but it remains in 24hr when set to no, I've just upgraded from 4.2 016 and it is fine on that version, anyone else experience the same problem on 4.2 026?

are you pressing green button to save once you done that?

No1gooner
13-01-17, 17:41
Yes green to save

abu baniaz
13-01-17, 18:03
Which skin please? Picture may be better at explaining issue. (Time settings page and also screen where you are seeing issue)

There were some time display changes recently. They were not meant to affect anybody unless they chose to adapt. Maybe slight correction required.

No1gooner
13-01-17, 18:16
I will try to explain best I can if needed I will upload pics later, skin slyk 1 hd the screen the problem relates too is the graphical epg (press epg) and the setting is timeline 24hr when menu is pressed on that screen, I will also try changing skins later but as mentioned above same skin on 016 works fine.

abu baniaz
13-01-17, 19:39
as mentioned above same skin on 016 works fine.
We have changed some files that do with the way times are displayed. The changes were not meant to affect other skins. If they have, some changes may need to be made to either the files we use or the skin itself.

Hopefully, Iansav will see this and the other threads were changes have taken place and advice of fixes required.

It may be beneficial to post exact details of the skin and other skin/EPG modifications you may have applied. From the dropbox account, I see he has "enigma2-plugin-skins-slyk1hd_5.205-20170117_all.ipk"

No1gooner
13-01-17, 20:38
Yes that is the skin I'm using with no modifications installed at present, having switched to the default vix skin the problem is still presenthttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170113/a10c9cdb2eed414619ae30f4b42bfbaf.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170113/a78b7ff8330cf6d88509f3cc42ee7aa6.jpg
As you can see in the pictures the timeline is displayed in 24hr format but I have this switched to no in settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IanSav
15-01-17, 08:26
Hi No1gooner,

This is an unexpected result of the new date / time options now available in some of the skins. I removed the previous code to format the timeline as I believed that the new code would make this change automatically. A later change made to protect legacy skins did not restore this EPG functionality. I will find a resolution for this issue and submit a patch ASAP.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
15-01-17, 09:17
Hi No1gooner,

Which skin are you using? Before I change the code I would like to see if there is a setting that you should be changing.

If you are using the default OpenViX skin "ViX-Night-HD" or one of the "Magic" skins then you can now set the time format across the whole UI not just in the Graphical EPG. You will know that you have a compatible skin if you go toe MENU > Setup > System > Time settings and you see options to set the Date style and/or Time style.

Regards,
Ian.

No1gooner
15-01-17, 10:13
Hi No1gooner,

Which skin are you using? Before I change the code I would like to see if there is a setting that you should be changing.

If you are using the default OpenViX skin "ViX-Night-HD" or one of the "Magic" skins then you can now set the time format across the whole UI not just in the Graphical EPG. You will know that you have a compatible skin if you go toe MENU > Setup > System > Time settings and you see options to set the Date style and/or Time style.

Regards,
Ian.

Hi Ian
Thanks for your reply the skin I'm using is slyk 1 HD I don't have the option to set the time format across the whole UI with this skin.
Thanks

IanSav
15-01-17, 10:27
Hi No1gooner,

Okay, I will add a time format override to the EPG for skins that don't provide access the new time formats.

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
15-01-17, 15:44
Hi No1gooner,

Pull Request #109 has the code to restore functionality to the EPG timeline display. Note that the selected formats will be ignored if you are using a skin that supports system wide time format setting.

Regards,
Ian.

No1gooner
15-01-17, 19:21
Many thanks ISOz will this be included in the next vix update?

Rob van der Does
16-01-17, 04:50
Yes .