PDA

View Full Version : Safe mode?

dgnoise
13-01-17, 14:19
Hi, a quick question,

I own a vuduo2 with Open VIX 4.2.x and recently something got corrupted and it won't boot anymore and keeps restarting. Since I unfortunately do not have a backup or image I was wondering whether there is a way to still access it or boot it in a sort of safe mode in order get the settings files and avoid having to restart from scratch configuring it.

Thank you very much in advance!

DGN

Rob van der Does
13-01-17, 14:22
You can probably still telnet & ftp to the box; that way you can save the stuff you want to save.

dgnoise
13-01-17, 14:57
Cool,

this would be great news. I didn't know that FTP and Telnet are loaded in advance. I'm hoping the repeated automatic reboots won't affect the file fransfer.
In fact it is mostly for the settings of LCD4linux, which took me forever to set up just the way I wanted it.

Thanks again for the hint!

-DGN

ccs
13-01-17, 14:59
If you can telnet in and then "init 4", you'll stop enigma, and prevent it from crashing. Then grab your files.

judge
13-01-17, 15:12
Also worth checking the crash logs while you FTP in to see what's causing the issue.

dgnoise
16-01-17, 10:50
Hi everyone and thank you for your kind answers and inputs.

I was able to connect via FTP and pretty much backup all files from my Vuduo2 and then I just loaded the newest image 4.2.xx and got everything to work again.

When it comes to LCD4Linux I was initially under the impression all the settings were stored in the lcd4linux.conf file, but it turns out it is not the case.
Since I wasn't able able from openwif to export a backup of the settings prior to the re-installation (which is the proper way), I was wondering whether somebody can address me to where are the lcd4linux settings stored in the Vu folders/files?
Still hoping to recover this...

Thanks a lot!

-DGN

DaMacFunkin
16-01-17, 12:12
etc/enigma2/lcd4config
you will need init 4 before writing file to flash.