PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] what is this flashing on info banner?

gmx1963
12-01-17, 23:26
hi guys
recent convert to open vix, have just noticed a flashing icon on the info bar and would like to know what it is?
see attached pic with icon circled

Flyingpig
13-01-17, 00:04
That means there is a software update available.

Lots of guides and info on here regards updating - either USB, Couch Flash, or online update dependant on what version you on.

FP.

woodbar
19-01-17, 12:17
Just thought I would add to this.

I know about the green flashing dot (or red) but I now see I have a yellow flashing dot and I can't work out what it is - can anyone enlighten my darkness?

4.2.26 vix night hd

abu baniaz
19-01-17, 14:57
streaming client

woodbar
20-01-17, 12:15
Ah, thanks for that. I probably had my "dream epg" open on the tablet then- although it was not actually streaming but I guess the connection was enough to trigger tbe indicator?

Is there any more coloured dots to discover I wonder?

ccs
20-01-17, 12:21
If you're not sure it was you streaming, then it could indicate that someone outside your home network is accessing your box.
Have you port forwarding setup on your router?

woodbar
20-01-17, 16:34
Yes I have, but that is the price you pay for accessing webif from "outside" your own network.

Having said that it is tied down as much as possible - I only need to check and/or set timers from www so no streaming ports are open.

PhilipM3
18-05-17, 10:11
I too have a flashing yellow dot on 5.0.013. It is on the info bar to the left of REC.
How do I disable it? I can Webif, ftp etc if need be.
I have just flashed 5.0.013 on a Mutant HD2400.

Also re Red and Green dots. Is it correct that they would appear to the left of the Yellow dot?
Is Green for update available?
What is a Red dot for?

PS Thanks for Openvix - great image.
Thanks.

ccs
18-05-17, 10:17
.... most of your questions have already been answered in this thread.

PhilipM3
18-05-17, 10:20
I understand I must be "streaming" but how come I am.
Is there a setting in Openvix to disable it.
I did not deliberately set it - must have done acidentally somehow.

ccs
18-05-17, 10:36

If you're not sure it was you streaming, then it could indicate that someone outside your home network is accessing your box.
Have you port forwarding setup on your router?

Joe_90
18-05-17, 10:49
If you check under System/Info/Streaming Clients you may see what is streaming. I use Kodi occasionally to stream from my receiver on my LAN and the yellow dot flashes. As pointed out by @ccs, if you have port forwarding set up on your router you could be being accessed from the web.

PhilipM3
18-05-17, 12:22
Thanks Guys.
I went Menu/Information/Streaming... and saw a client streaming: sa180.saturn.dedi..... (won't give full entry unless requested).
I did indeed have Port Forwarding enabled in the router so disabled it.
Rebooted Router and HD2400 and no yellow dot flashing anymore.

Did have a flashing Green dot for update available but that gone now as well. Try to update in box and says use USB as kernel change. Not a problem.

What would a flashing Red dot signify?

IAmATeaf
19-05-17, 20:22
Recording in progress.