PDA

View Full Version : Edison mega Kodi plugin

garryboy
12-01-17, 19:31
As per title. Sponsee says Edison mega has Kodi available from feeds.

Any more info on the plugin.

Is it only for that box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
12-01-17, 20:47
It is Kodi 17RC and yes only available for the OSMega.

garryboy
12-01-17, 20:54
Thanks Andy

BIGBERT23
21-01-17, 09:59
is there anyway of reverting it back to the kdi 16 on edison os mega?

Andy_Hazza
21-01-17, 10:08
is there anyway of reverting it back to the kdi 16 on edison os mega?

No. .

Sicilian
21-01-17, 10:11
Its an Alpha plugin under development.

BIGBERT23
25-01-17, 15:12
No. .

how do i uninstall or clear data on kodi to do a fresh install deleting the plug in doesnt work as all the data is still on kodi when reinstalled?

Andy_Hazza
25-01-17, 15:24
You can delete the .kodi folder via an ftp program like filezilla but you need to tick the "show hidden files/folder" tab to be able to see it.
Or you could install Ares Wizard and that has an option in the maintenance tab to do a "Fresh Start" or something similar.

maxal
25-01-17, 17:30
I used Dream Explorer found the Kodi folder and deleated all in the folder

BIGBERT23
26-01-17, 16:31
is there any way of getting the new update of kodi running rc2 and rc3 comes up on screen saying available hopefully that will have the bug fixes

Andy_Hazza
27-01-17, 07:22
No, you simply will have to wait until one becomes available by Edison and then it will be in the feeds.

BIGBERT23
31-01-17, 07:27
kodi orted due to scooterbuk on my side

download putty and telnet the module python-pkgutil to box which now makes exodus and all others work fine

kokojnr
03-02-17, 03:17
Not sure what you mean, what is the exact command to issue I'm putty?

jthyme
08-02-17, 13:21
How do I install full Kodi on this box? I cannot find the kodi extension in plugins?

Sicilian
08-02-17, 13:44
How do I install full Kodi on this box? I cannot find the kodi extension in plugins?

See here: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?55163-How-to-install-Kodi-Plugin-on-Edision-OS-Mega

Dobie
09-02-17, 09:48
Not had any luck with Kodi 17 yet.
Installed Exodus fine but get "Exodus error" when trying to play a link.
Also have a subscribed sports add on that i use, unfortunately it won't install despite being available for 17.

Shame we can't have the option of loading Kodi 16 or SPMC instead.

Andy_Hazza
09-02-17, 12:07
Not had any luck with Kodi 17 yet.
Installed Exodus fine but get "Exodus error" when trying to play a link.
Also have a subscribed sports add on that i use, unfortunately it won't install despite being available for 17.

Shame we can't have the option of loading Kodi 16 or SPMC instead.

You need to issue a putty (telnet) command from post #12 and Exodus will work.

Dobie
09-02-17, 13:26
You need to issue a putty (telnet) command from post #12 and Exodus will work.

Yes noticed that post, but having never used putty (which i have now) or know the best place to get python-pkgutil with correct command use it's little help.

Appreciate any instructions, if not i'll post when i find out.

Sicilian
09-02-17, 20:50
Yes noticed that post, but having never used putty (which i have now) or know the best place to get python-pkgutil with correct command use it's little help.

Appreciate any instructions, if not i'll post when i find out.

Commands as follows:

opkg update

Then

opkg install python-pkgutil

Dobie
10-02-17, 09:56
Commands as follows:

opkg update

Then

opkg install python-pkgutil

Many thanks, Exodus now working.:)

smelldis1luv
15-03-17, 11:28
Extra Help
I spent about a week having issues with the Kodi plugin on os omega.

I tried flashing with fresh images i tried willo's build i tried the telnet commands,

first issue was kodi would crash and restart the Receiver. Next issue was kodi would load but then when trying to install repositories i would get a version dependency not satisfied error. Next issue was that kodi would not load at all.

I must of spent about 50-60 hours trying to sort it out finally I reflashed the box with a fresh vix 5 image went through the wizard IE: picking hdmi and internet connection i set up the tuner but did not scan the channels.

I went straight to the plugins downloaded and installed the mx3 kodi plugin rebooted tested and installed my addons it was all working but would not save my settings IE:exodus sources and preferences would be gone.

To resolve that issue i rebooted loaded kodi got it set up how i like it and then changed the skin a few times from estuary to confluence to nox and back to confluence all seems to be working well now and the settings have saved

scousertony73
20-04-17, 17:33
I updated to the latest Willobuild and mx3I not in extensions list. When I select the Kodi extension, it doesn't do anything when I click on it.

Can't seem to get Kodi back on my OS Mega box now!!!

Please help

Andy_Hazza
20-04-17, 17:38
Delete your .Kodi (hidden folder) via an ftp client and try again!

BIGBERT23
11-05-17, 06:18
i anybody else experiencing problems with exodus on kodi it wont work on my edison at min but works on android box n firestick thanks?

Sicilian
11-05-17, 06:39
i anybody else experiencing problems with exodus on kodi it wont work on my edison at min but works on android box n firestick thanks?

Please re-read the forum rules, piracy is NOT discussed on this forum!