PDA

View Full Version : Xtrend 8500 Output to TV

nickfw57
12-01-17, 14:28
Hi,

I have an Xtrend 8500 box and I would like to get a second output to a second TV located in another room. Currently I have 2 x DVB - S2 + 2 X C/T/T2 Combo Tuners installed in the box. The HDMI port feeds my first TV. Other than getting say a HDMI splitter and running a long HDMI cable to the second TV could you advise how I do this as I'm still new to Sat Boxes - Thanks.

Andy_Hazza
12-01-17, 22:02
HDMI Extender over Cat 5/6 is your best bet. But this mirror's whatever is on the main box, is this what you are after? If not, get a second receiver and you could use Fallback Tuner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickfw57
13-01-17, 12:05
HDMI Extender over Cat 5/6 is your best bet. But this mirror's whatever is on the main box, is this what you are after? If not, get a second receiver and you could use Fallback Tuner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkback

Thanks Andy. Excuse my ignorance could you explain what you mean by a Fallback tuner.

Andy_Hazza
13-01-17, 12:10
Basically you get another receiver, say for the bedroom and you don't need any feeds coming into the box, just internet to connect to the main receiver and using the fallback tuner plugin you can watch a channel from the main receiver, while for example your missus can still watch what she wants to watch on the main receiver/tv. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
13-01-17, 12:30
... and (in my view) Andy's suggestion of the fallback tuner method is the best option .... just buy a cheap E2c receiver, doesn,t even need a tuner ... just needs a connection to the LAN

Bangord30
13-01-17, 14:52
Hmmm. Sorry to butt in. my combo Xtrend 8500 is sitting in its box. Now using my vu duo 2 downstairs. So I could use my 8500 as a slave then as such? How do we do this exactly? Just the plugin?

This is different from transcoding I presume?

We forget how much E2 can do! 😉

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk

nickfw57
13-01-17, 15:25
... and (in my view) Andy's suggestion of the fallback tuner method is the best option .... just buy a cheap E2c receiver, doesn,t even need a tuner ... just needs a connection to the LAN

Guys thanks for both of your replies I have learnt something here and will probably save myself a few quid - most appreciated.

Bangord30
13-01-17, 15:59
Ditto Nick!

1554leslie
13-01-17, 21:41
Basically you get another receiver, say for the bedroom and you don't need any feeds coming into the box, just internet to connect to the main receiver and using the fallback tuner plugin you can watch a channel from the main receiver, while for example your missus can still watch what she wants to watch on the main receiver/tv. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSo if you connect both boxes via ethernet cable via the fallback tuner plugin will the second box function as a normal single tuner box andy

abu baniaz
13-01-17, 22:12
Yes. .

twol
13-01-17, 22:16
So if you connect both boxes via ethernet cable via the fallback tuner plugin will the second box function as a normal single tuner box andy

.. and its a standard feature ..not a plugin:)

1554leslie
13-01-17, 22:29
.. and its a standard feature ..not a plugin:)How do you mean twol,The box will automatic without the need for a plugin,I did look in the plugins for the tuner fallback but nothing showing,How should the you connect from the main box if you already have an existing ethernet cable fitted for streaming ect

ccs
13-01-17, 22:33
Both boxes need to have their own LAN connections, they are not connected together.

1554leslie
13-01-17, 22:39
So both boxes are connected to the same router yes,How would the second box pickup from the first box,Sorry for the questions but its not really been explain the setup

abu baniaz
13-01-17, 22:48
You have to setup IP address "server" of receiver. Fallback tuner uses the tuner of the other receiver when a local tuner is not available.

twol
13-01-17, 22:49
Menu/setup/system/customise fallback tuner enter IP address:8001 :)

Rob van der Does
14-01-17, 05:48
You have to setup IP address "server" of receiver. Fallback tuner uses the tuner of the other receiver when a local tuner is not available.

Menu/setup/system/customise fallback tuner enter IP address:8001 :)
Needs to be "http://IP_Remote-box:8001" (so including the 'http://', at lest on recent builds).
And the local tuners should not be configured.
Another advantage of this setup is that you can have exactly the same bouquets as on the main box.

twol
14-01-17, 08:24
Another advantage of this setup is that you can have exactly the same bouquets as on the main box.
Absolutely, Another reason i prefer it, your family and kids see exactly the same setup:)

Bangord30
14-01-17, 09:42
Thanks everyone