PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Vix 4.2.025 [Graphical EPG] not working

Armpit1UK
10-01-17, 19:07
Hi folks, I just updated to 4.2.025 and now crossepg doesn't seem to be populating anything. Tried running it again I got a spinner when it came to loading the epg. Was working fine on 23 on my TM-2T. Any ideas?

abu baniaz
10-01-17, 19:11
can you enable debug logs and upload please?

Huevos
10-01-17, 19:20
How are you using Cross? OpenTV or xml?

Armpit1UK
10-01-17, 19:59
I'm using it with OpenTV. I've not had any problems until this afternoon. Will try to upload a log if there is one.

abu baniaz
10-01-17, 20:01
which skin are you using?

Armpit1UK
10-01-17, 20:03
Vix Night HD

abu baniaz
10-01-17, 20:09
This is nothing to do with CrossEPG, it is a skin issue with Graphical EPG

< 492.928> [Skin] Skin error in GraphicalEPGPIG: 'Times' is not <StartTime|EndTime|Remaining|Elapsed|Duration|Progr ess> for EventTime converter

can you use another skin until next image?

abu baniaz
10-01-17, 20:11
I am going to change title to Graphical EPG not working. If this is a problem, please say so and I'll change it back.

Armpit1UK
10-01-17, 20:12
Trying to download it again now. Will upload a log if it has one, as the spinner is stuck on the loading data screen.

abu baniaz
10-01-17, 20:16
Trying to download it again now. Will upload a log if it has one, as the spinner is stuck on the loading data screen.

Don't worry about log

Armpit1UK
10-01-17, 20:37
Ok, will try another skin and report back. Unfortunately though, the Mrs has the remote now for EastEnders!:rolleyes:

abu baniaz
10-01-17, 20:43
No need to report back either. I have tried it and can confirm it is a skin issue.

AFAIK. Some changes were made to the skin, but other files which they depend on are still in the developer branch.

Armpit1UK
10-01-17, 21:08
I've just changed the skin to YouVIX Blue and have tried to download an epg. The spinner is stuck on the loading data progress screen on this skin too :confused: Are there any skins that will work or do I need to revert back to 23?

abu baniaz
10-01-17, 21:36
Showing EPG and downloading EPG are two different processes.

Which are you trying to do?

The "showing EPG" issue using Vix night HD should be fixed in the morning for 4.2 026.

Sicilian
10-01-17, 21:38
I've just changed the skin to YouVIX Blue and have tried to download an epg. The spinner is stuck on the loading data progress screen on this skin too :confused: Are there any skins that will work or do I need to revert back to 23?

Youvix working fine here, also test bello confluence skin.

Rob van der Does
10-01-17, 21:40
Yes, only ViX-HD and Magic-FHD are affected.

alan1812
10-01-17, 22:52
just changed mine to default skin and working fine

Armpit1UK
11-01-17, 09:10
What I mean is that previously, all sections of the epg were populated after downloading. Yesterday following upgrade to 25 from 23, I noticed that whilst the names of the programmes remained, all of the info about them had disappeared. So, I then tried to download a fresh epg and it now gets stuck at the loading data stage. I've not had this issue previously. I have been using autobouqets for Freesat, alongside vhannibals motor list. I also have a swapfile on usb which is working.

Armpit1UK
11-01-17, 12:18
I have couch flashed both 26 and 23 this morning restoring settings and plugins from 23 (which was working) in the hope that it would rectify the problem.
Unfortunately neither worked, so I presume the best option will be to fresh install 26 from USB and see what happens.

ccs
11-01-17, 12:24
I've just couched flash from 23 to 26 without any problems.

Couch and usb flash are pretty much the same thing - did you mean software update rather than couch flash?

Piranha
11-01-17, 12:56
I have couch flashed both 26 and 23 this morning restoring settings and plugins from 23 (which was working) in the hope that it would rectify the problem.
Unfortunately neither worked, so I presume the best option will be to fresh install 26 from USB and see what happens.

Same question as ccs asks - by 'couch flashed' do you mean via the built-in Software Update feature, or have you downloaded the image via Menu/Setup/Vix/Image Manager/Yellow Button (downloads), which is what I and probably most people understand to be a 'couch flash'?

There is no difference between 'couch flashing' and 'USB flashing' other than the requirement to insert the USB stick into a suitable USB port and (varies according to box) press a box button to accept the update when it is detected. The end result is the same.

Armpit1UK
11-01-17, 13:50
In the first instance, I updated the software from 23 to 25 and then I encountered the epg issue and subsequent problem with crossepg not working correctly. I have then downloaded both 23 & 26 images via Menu/Setup/Vix/Image Manager/Yellow Button (downloads) & tried to restore settings from 23 which I had saved on my hdd.
Neither has worked (in that Crossepg still hangs at loading and freezes the box). Now going to download from here onto USB and do a fresh install of 26 with no setting restore. I am also going to format my hdd and usb (swapfile) to start from a blank page.

Armpit1UK
11-01-17, 15:25
All working following a fresh install of 26. :thumbsup:

abu baniaz
11-01-17, 15:28
Th Graphical EPG not being visible on some skins has been fixed in 026. It does not matter if you flash/install 4.2 026 or perform an online update to 4.2 026.

Your issue of getting EPG:
Please provide full details of how you are GETTING your EPG data.

Cross EPG Downloader plugin:
Which OpenTV EPG providers have you enabled?
Which Scripts providers have you enabled?
Which XMLTV providers have you enabled?
What is the order of the providers? (Upload a picture please)

EPG-Importer plugin:
If you are using this, post a picture of your settings page
Which sources have you enabled

Finally
Enable your debug log, restart the GUI, try downloading the EPG data. Upload the debug log to the thread as an attachment.

Armpit1UK
11-01-17, 19:17
Hi Abu,

As I said above, the fresh flash has fixed my problem but please see the answer to your questions below

Th Graphical EPG not being visible on some skins has been fixed in 026. It does not matter if you flash/install 4.2 026 or perform an online update to 4.2 026.

Your issue of getting EPG:
Please provide full details of how you are GETTING your EPG data.

Cross EPG Downloader plugin:
Which OpenTV EPG providers have you enabled? Sky UK OpenTV 28.2
Which Scripts providers have you enabled? None
Which XMLTV providers have you enabled? None
What is the order of the providers? (Upload a picture please) Sky UK

EPG-Importer plugin:
If you are using this, post a picture of your settings page
Which sources have you enabled N/A

Finally
Enable your debug log, restart the GUI, try downloading the EPG data. Upload the debug log to the thread as an attachment.

iwg
11-01-17, 20:18
Hi Abu & team - thanks for the advice on 23 to 25 upgrade. I held off until 26 became available. Apologies if what I relate below should constitute a new thread but in my timeline, it seems like a follow on. I have a Solo2 that was up to date with 4.2.023 and I saw the thread about issues with -025 so held off until this evening. I saw the post about being OK to online upgrade to -026 so tried that. It hung during the country splash screen. I power cycled with a -026 USB in hand ready to go - it came back up to my default channel with sound but no picture. I restarted E2 - same - no pic. I then went for recovery option and brought my -023 pre-upgrade couch flash back online. Realise my next step should be USB or couch flash of -026 but running out of time when I can offline the TV here so posting to see if anyone else has seen this. Will try tomo evening the -026. Skin is the You Vix Blue HD one.

iwg
11-01-17, 21:20
Further to above - I got the "Con back from the XO" and have now done a -026 couch flash with restore settings - rebooted fine with all local settings and timers etc - cant really comment on EPG until my next update but a quick refresh did work. All went as normal so not sure why online upgrade did not work this time. My only (known) issue was that MediaPortal comes back at a very early level and needs re-installed from Plugin's - then its own online upgrade - that takes a minute or two after the 5 or so mins to couch flash -026. So only uncertainity this time is why online 23 to 26 upgrade failed?? But I have recovered from it so not an issue for me - just advice to others to avoid same issue.