PDA

View Full Version : Noob Advice EPG and timer Recording

Stanman
15-05-10, 15:11
Hi All,
I have downloaded and installed the auto timer plug-in and RYU SKYUK EPG.
When I go into the EPG and select multi there is a whole series of N/A were as in single epg I can browse the channel for the next 5 days.
IS there any way I can set the EPG up so that it shows multiple channels and I can than browse by time or day and for 14 days??

The timer recordings I have set up for repeats and weekly, does this mean it will records the next weeks episode as well?

bob1
16-05-10, 14:39
Hi All,
I have downloaded and installed the auto timer plug-in and RYU SKYUK EPG.
When I go into the EPG and select multi there is a whole series of N/A were as in single epg I can browse the channel for the next 5 days.
IS there any way I can set the EPG up so that it shows multiple channels and I can than browse by time or day and for 14 days??

The timer recordings I have set up for repeats and weekly, does this mean it will records the next weeks episode as well?
If set up for weekly it records at the same time every week.
You should get a 7 day epg , i'm using satmate_sky.uk in the epg panel ,i take it your still using dream elite.

Sicilian
16-05-10, 15:07
The autoimer plugin needs to have filters setup to grab the programs from the EPG. Go to plugins and select the autotimer plugin to configure them, but in all honesty your just aswell setting a timer from single, multi or graphical EPG by selecting it to record weekly.

You wont get 14 days EPG with any Enigma2 plugin.

If you can see the EPG in single EPG you should see it in multi-epg or graphical EPG. What image are you using?

Stanman
16-05-10, 19:26
The EPG has sorted itself out and npw gives 4 days ahead and popluates.
Will try the Satmate.
Am right in thinking if the time changes the box wont autocorrect to the new time?

Stanman
16-05-10, 19:27
The EPG has sorted itself out and npw gives 4 days ahead and popluates.
Will try the Satmate.
Am right in thinking if the time changes the box wont autocorrect to the new time?

AM using Dream elite and its a fab image

Sicilian
16-05-10, 20:51
Update your Deliteepgproviders.cfg http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?542-Latest-Deliteepgproviders.cfg-for-EPG-providers-in-EPG-panel-of-Dream-Elite-images Then change setting to use Satmate UK, it will give you around seven days on most UK channels.

Stanman
17-05-10, 18:51
I have satmate in the list already but when I go to download the file it says wrong file type??
Currently using the rytec and its not too bad.

Stanman
17-05-10, 18:54
Bugger no edit - how do i change the provider from Rytec, is it just the question of selecting the provider?

Sicilian
17-05-10, 20:39
If your using Dream Elite see here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?542-Latest-Deliteepgproviders.cfg-for-EPG-providers-in-EPG-panel-of-Dream-Elite-images

Stanman
19-05-10, 13:34
Done that but it still says file format is wrong for satmate uk

Sicilian
19-05-10, 13:36
Did you extract the Deliteepgproviders.cfg from the rar file?

Stanman
19-05-10, 13:48
Yes, I extracted it from the rar file & used DCC to FTP it into the directory you mentioned earlier. The Rytec works fine and am ok with it but would like a 7 day EPG, if possiable.

I saw a friends Starview HD combo LAN and its EPG is brilliant.

Sicilian
19-05-10, 13:52
I'm assuming you overwrote the existing Deliteepgproviders.cfg?

Stanman
19-05-10, 20:18
I just FTP it assumed it would be overwritten automatically?

Sicilian
19-05-10, 20:21
I just FTP it assumed it would be overwritten automatically?

You would have got a prompt. Is satmate_UK listed in the EPG panel?

Stanman
19-05-10, 20:28
Yes it is but it was in the last list.
I go to download and it gave an error saying file format was wrong

Sicilian
19-05-10, 20:32
I've got be honest, this the first I've seen with this sort of report. Strange...your defo using Dream Elite 1.3.2 image?

Stanman
19-05-10, 20:39
Will check it out as going to have a look at Open PLI.

Stanman
30-05-10, 14:05
Ok gave up on DE with the crashes and disappear CCAM.
Can I load these into a PLI image to get the SATMATE UK?

Sicilian
30-05-10, 14:10
Ok gave up on DE with the crashes and disappear CCAM.
Can I load these into a PLI image to get the SATMATE UK?

No in short. Use this OpenPLi image, Rytec EPG plugin is pre-installed. Read the thread all the info is there ;) http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?654-VuPlus-Support.co.uk-Fully-Loaded-OpenPLi-powered-image-24-05-10-Great-for-newbies

Stanman
30-05-10, 14:18
I've downloaded and installed that imageand followed the instructionst to the letter and up and running now.
One question though in the ECM times it is showing as NAN?

Sicilian
30-05-10, 14:32
I've downloaded and installed that imageand followed the instructionst to the letter and up and running now.
One question though in the ECM times it is showing as NAN?

All OpenPLi images show nan as the ecm time now. Read here
http://www.pli-images.org/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=65&thread_id=13428&pid=142875#post_142875

Stanman
30-05-10, 19:03
As always first class service. Thanks a lot. I might just go back to DE as its a first class image.