PDA

View Full Version : Edision OS Mega

kokojnr
10-01-17, 06:20
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/edision/edision-os-mega-osmega This seems like a new receiver from edision range.

WOS will have it in stock in a couple of weeks, so I'm looking to get one.
Is there any image for it yet?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Sicilian
10-01-17, 06:26
Yes, see here: http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/edision-images/

kokojnr
21-01-17, 01:24
Received this box today, FTPed my OS MINI+ backup setting into it, assigned tuners and was up and running within 5 minutes.

Installed Kodi 17 and exodus addon from the plugin feeds, but couldn't play any stream from exodus, although i could play the same streams on my FireStick.

Im very well impressed with the performance of this receiver and if it can handle kodi flawlessly, it will definitely be a truly all-in-one receiver.

Can any MOD please create a sub forum under EDISION receivers for the OS Mega discussion.

Sicilian
21-01-17, 06:47
Thx, moved to the new dedicated OS Mega section.

chalky
22-01-17, 19:28
I guess your happy with this box I am considering purchasing this one. Did you buy it with hdd? What image are you using? I have various spare hdd do you know if it will take a 3.5" drive? I also have a USB portable drive.
I look forward to hearing your comments

chalky
22-01-17, 19:45
sorry somehow posted twice

Andy_Hazza
22-01-17, 19:51
Details can be found here >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/edision/edision-os-mega-osmega

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kokojnr
22-01-17, 20:37
I guess your happy with this box I am considering purchasing this one. Did you buy it with hdd? What image are you using? I have various spare hdd do you know if it will take a 3.5" drive? I also have a USB portable drive.
I look forward to hearing your comments
Only had it for about 48 hrs, I bought from WOS with 500hdd installed and latest openvix image.
I'm not sure the size of HDD it can take as WOS installed it before shipping to me.

IPTV works flawlessly on it, the only issue is that I can't get kodi to work yet.

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk

chalky
22-01-17, 21:34
Thanks let us know how you get on

BIGBERT23
22-01-17, 21:40
kodi works just some of the addons are having probs with kodi17 like exodus

kokojnr
22-01-17, 21:41
Thanks let us know how you get on
I has the OS MINI+ receiver before this one.
I don't think you can go wrong in buying this receiver considering the price and spec

Andy_Hazza
22-01-17, 22:36
Only had it for about 48 hrs, I bought from WOS with 500hdd installed and latest openvix image.
I'm not sure the size of HDD it can take as WOS installed it before shipping to me.

IPTV works flawlessly on it, the only issue is that I can't get kodi to work yet.

You could always try the new Beast build, which will be released tomorrow, that will be compatible with Kodi 17.

maxal
22-01-17, 22:52
Have you got a link please Andy

kokojnr
22-01-17, 23:22
You could always try the new Beast build, which will be released tomorrow, that will be compatible with Kodi 17.

Will need the link also.

Any idea how to connect my NAS drive to the receiver? I have WD MYBOOK live NAS.

Also I noticed that I only have 320GB of free space on my HDD, and I haven't done any recording yet, what would have consumed 120GB?

garryboy
22-01-17, 23:26
I'd imagine you only have a 320gb hd installed

ccs
22-01-17, 23:29
I'd imagine you only have a 320gb hd installed Not if the poster bought a 500Gb hd from WOS.

garryboy
22-01-17, 23:52
If it's only displaying 320gb I'd say it's a 320gb hard drive that's in it. My 500gb HD in my duo has 500gb of recording space.

It is possible they have put the wrong size of HD in it

chalky
23-01-17, 10:17
probably applies to all receivers but would a USB external drive work as well as an internal hdd.

ccs
23-01-17, 10:31
If it's only displaying 320gb I'd say it's a 320gb hard drive that's in it. My 500gb HD in my duo has 500gb of recording space.

It is possible they have put the wrong size of HD in it

Menu > Information > Devices will the show size of the hdd.

kokojnr
23-01-17, 11:26
Menu > Information > Devices will the show size of the hdd.
Yeah it shows 488gb space but available is 320..

ccs
23-01-17, 11:32
The telnet command du -s /media/hdd/* will tell you the sizes of all the directories and files on the hdd.

kokojnr
23-01-17, 11:33
The telnet command du -s /media/hdd/* will tell you the sizes of all the directories and files on the hdd.
Is that using PuTTY?

ccs
23-01-17, 11:34
Is that using PuTTY? Yes, that's ok.

kokojnr
23-01-17, 11:36
Ok cheers, will do that when I get home tonight.

ccs
23-01-17, 11:43
It might be worth issuing the command du -s /media/hdd/.* as well, to show files and directories starting with a dot.

blackvenom
23-01-17, 12:18
Yeah it shows 488gb space but available is 320..

It'll be a 500GB HDD but you'll loose space when it's formatted/initialised.

FTP into your box and have a look in the timeshift, movies, backup folder etc to see what's lurking.

BIGBERT23
23-01-17, 17:44
Has anybody found any answers to the problems with kodi17 on this device? Is there a way to revert to a different version of kodi?

Andy_Hazza
23-01-17, 17:57
Has anybody found any answers to the problems with kodi17 on this device? Is there a way to revert to a different version of kodi?

It only comes with Kodi 17. Like I've said, install the new Beast build. If you are familiar with The Beast wizard, you need to install the "Estuary" build which is tailor made for Kodi 17.

Sicilian
23-01-17, 17:57
What problems? I'm using it fine with my local media and Official Plex addon.

chalky
23-01-17, 19:17
It only comes with Kodi 17. Like I've said, install the new Beast build. If you are familiar with The Beast wizard, you need to install the "Estuary" build which is tailor made for Kodi 17.

Is this available yet
Thanks

Andy_Hazza
23-01-17, 20:07
It says so.

danlou
23-01-17, 20:57
for kodi, google paradox kodi - that is compatible with Kodi 17... you will have to register on the website to give you 5 free downloads per week per account.

DaMacFunkin
24-01-17, 09:18
for kodi, google paradox kodi - that is compatible with Kodi 17... you will have to register on the website to give you 5 free downloads per week per account.

If any of you spend any time on the kodi forum you will read the developers hate these builds, they hate the fact that they have become synominous with pirate tv and movie streams, which is mostly what these builds contain, going forward if they can find away to constantly update the build and knock all these streams off they will.
I am quite surprised that this site, which also doesn't want to be known for pirate TV does not show some solidarity with the kodi devs and ban all links and talk about such builds.
I personally don't think there is any difference between the two situations.

danlou
24-01-17, 09:31
The reality is that Kodi and enigma2 boxes are used , in the main, for piracy.
There is a big debate out there but not on this post or site I'm afraid...

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
24-01-17, 09:42
FYI: KodiDirect & Exodus have been deleted from the feeds. But that will only show after a new build.

kokojnr
24-01-17, 22:28
It might be worth issuing the command du -s /media/hdd/.* as well, to show files and directories starting with a dot.

This is what i got
root@OSMEGA:~# du -s /media/hdd/.*
19645440 /media/hdd/.
19652096 /media/hdd/..
680704 /media/hdd/.kodi

ccs
24-01-17, 22:31
Can you try du -sh /media/hdd/* as well.

kokojnr
24-01-17, 22:37
Can you try du -sh /media/hdd/* as well.

13.3M /media/hdd/backup
256.0K /media/hdd/imagebackups
256.0K /media/hdd/lost+found
512.0K /media/hdd/movie
407.8M /media/hdd/picon
20.2G /media/hdd/timeshift
3.5M /media/hdd/xbmc

ccs
24-01-17, 22:48
Well, that looks like about 21Gb is in use, mainly in the timeshift directory.

What does menu/information/devices show for /media/hdd ?

kokojnr
24-01-17, 22:52

screenshot

ccs
24-01-17, 22:55
That suggests 100Gb has gone missing, unless my maths is worse than I thought.

kokojnr
24-01-17, 22:58
That suggests 100Gb has gone missing, unless my maths is worse than I thought.

You aren't far off it mate, i cant really understand what would have taken such amount of space

Andy_Hazza
24-01-17, 23:03
Any recordings? Any recordings in Trash that hasn't yet been deleted?

ccs
24-01-17, 23:05
Because you've only had the box less than a week, I think someone else needs to comment.

There is a filesystem check you can run (with timeshift off, and no recordings running), but it really shouldn't be needed on a week old system.

kokojnr
24-01-17, 23:07
Any recordings? Any recordings in Trash that hasn't yet been deleted?

no recording

ccs
25-01-17, 11:21
Maybe this telnet command will give a clue.....

find /media/hdd -type f -size +50000k -exec ls -lh {} \;

bigjb
29-01-17, 02:31
I'm considering purchasing the mega and was wondering the following.

I have twin lnb feed and tv aerial so is the aerial tuner freeview enabled and can I record from both the sat feeds and watch the tv signal at the same time.

I also plan on using an amazon fire that box upstairs with kodi and the enigma 2 client running to stream the channels from the mega. Can anyone confirm if this works as stated.

Sicilian
29-01-17, 07:46

I have twin lnb feed and tv aerial so is the aerial tuner freeview enabled and can I record from both the sat feeds and watch the tv signal at the same time.

I also plan on using an amazon fire that box upstairs with kodi and the enigma 2 client running to stream the channels from the mega. Can anyone confirm if this works as stated.

Yes should be fine.

maxal
29-01-17, 09:47

Hi, my set up is the same as what you are planing with yours and yes it will work as you want it to. As for your second question sorry I use my box upstairs so I do not need to use Kodi and enigma 2 client.

BIGBERT23
03-02-17, 13:15
has anybody had any issues with kodi crashing and having to restart the box?

Ian l
18-02-17, 13:10
I'd imagine you only have a 320gb hd installed

I will be ordering this box next week and following the set up on here.1 question though can't seem to get an answer to -
Will I be able to access iplayer or itv hub etc somewhere in the box ??
All new to me this...

maxal
18-02-17, 13:22
Both BBC iplayer and itv player would be available via kodi on OS-Mega also if you install IPTV player iplayer is there to

Andy_Hazza
18-02-17, 13:39
No ITV hub available. You are best installing Kodi and using Exodus for your catchup [emoji6]

illdoit2morrow
23-02-17, 23:15
What AV settings have you chosen?

The reason i ask is is because some SD channels don't look too good on mine. I'm running an openvix image, 2 lines connected to satellite and my terrestrial connected to an aerial.

HD channels via satellite are OK, SD channels aren''t as good in some cases.
HD channels via terrestrial tuner can be a bit juddery when watching sports.

Andy_Hazza
23-02-17, 23:26
Have you got your refresh rate set to multi in a/v settings? Also juddery picture on sports points to a low processing rate on your tv, maybe?

illdoit2morrow
24-02-17, 17:56
I'll give it a go when I get home