PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Fast forwarding greater than 8x results in picture freeze

LanceH
09-01-17, 18:55
Hi

Although fast forwarding up to and including 8x on a recording is absolutely fine, anything more than that (we tend to use 16x and 32x quite often) and the screen image just "freezes" as in the picture is the same as the moment you tried to increase FF. The actual progress bar does advance, but of course we have no idea where we're up to...

As a secondary query and possibly related, I haven't set up swap. Should I?

Thanks

bbbuk
09-01-17, 21:04
Hi,

Can you clarify that this happens on recordings you have made from your Solo2?

Normally, on a Solo2 you don't need to setup a swap as you generally have good memory.

I have a Solo2 also and don't have a swap. Got to say I've never used the fast forward/rewind speeds. Instead, I just use the 1/4/7 and 3/6/9 keys to go back/forward a user-defined time interval. I normally use 15sec, 30sec and 60sec.

Rob van der Does
09-01-17, 21:07
High speed FF & FB doesn't work perfect on any box (driver-related). Bet is to use the jump-buttons, and to finetune with FF/FB at not too high speeds.

LanceH
09-01-17, 21:14
OK - I haven't tried that "jump" feature yet. I will have to track down how to set the jump times... must be in the settings somewhere!

Thanks for the swap info

(The recordings are those made on the same (new) box).

LanceH
10-01-17, 19:01
Interesting - 86 packages and 4.2.25 just installed...

Mavarick
11-01-17, 20:22
Try this
Buttons 1-4-7 are jump buttons for rewinding and 3-6-9 was jump buttons for fast forwarding.

1 and 3 are default set at 15seconds
4 and 6 are 1 minute
7 and 9 are 5 mins
The defaults can be changed in the menu somewhere,
Way easier to use than FF etc one you start using them