PDA

View Full Version : Does the Mut@nt HD51 support full Kodi?

danlou
09-01-17, 16:45
As per the subject title does the 4K HD51 run full Kodi? Presumably not as I can't find any information to suggest it does. I notice that the new Octagan 4K box does under OpenATV.

What's the criteria for making it run full Kodi. I suppose an ARM chip helps and some development requirement?

Thanks in advance

twol
09-01-17, 17:27
No Kodi on the HD51 and to the best of my knowledge not on the Octagon.
Nothing to do with Arm processor ................full Kodi is usually only on Vu+ receivers.

Sicilian
09-01-17, 18:57
New Edision OS Mega has a Kodi plugin, plugin is Kodi 17RC http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Edision/edision-os-mega-osmega

danlou
09-01-17, 20:28
No Kodi on the HD51 and to the best of my knowledge not on the Octagon.
Nothing to do with Arm processor ................full Kodi is usually only on Vu+ receivers.
I'm sure in the octagon thread there was a post with a clip showing full kodi image...
Who, what and how is kodi added for a particular build? If its all enigma2 and Openvix why can't kodi run any box?

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

TERYTEL
11-02-17, 17:24
Hi, why does the HD51 not support kodi? I bought this on the understanding it was an Enigma2 Linux box and therefore could run kodi?

garryboy
11-02-17, 17:26
Where did you read it supported KODI.

Vu+ boxes have KODI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
11-02-17, 17:28
Nope. You are simply best using a dedicated box for Kodi, i.e. AFTV, Venz V10 Pro (awesome little box) etc

TERYTEL
11-02-17, 19:17
Where did you read it supported KODI.

Vu+ boxes have KODI

I looked at these

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/mutant/mut@nt-mutant-hd51
http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/17388/download-kodi-15-2-for-all-enigma-2-images
Looking at these I assumed if worked on all Enigma2 images?

I talked to someone at world of Satellites and asked about is as was going to get a dreambox or vu+.

garryboy
11-02-17, 19:23
That kodi is from 2015.

I would have checked before buying if KODI is a must for you. A lot to pay based on the minimal research you have done.

After all these are satellite receivers first and foremost.

As simple post on here would have given you the definitive answer.

Joe_90
11-02-17, 19:31
Kodi really needs a dedicated box. The Enigma receivers are excellent at live TV reception from satellite, terrestrial and cable and are super at managing recordings and timeshift. Kodi is really best at managing your audio and video collection and high-end audio playback. I have separate boxes for my day-to-day TV stuff and for my audio/video handling - :trustme:

danlou
11-02-17, 19:34
Edison Osmega for around same price gives you full kodi , the only difference is that is Osmega is not 4K compliant. The 4k is something of a non starter as there is very limited 4k programming.

Andy_Hazza
11-02-17, 20:52
Edison Osmega for around same price gives you full kodi , the only difference is that is Osmega is not 4K compliant. The 4k is something of a non starter as there is very limited 4k programming.

Your buying into the future. Loads better specs of any Mipsel based box, I.e. ARM Processor, Flash Memory, RAM etc etc. Its not just about 4K content.

danlou
11-02-17, 21:41
But you're not buying into the here and now. The 4K boxes have been out for nearly 6 months and they don't offer anything different? Not yet and as Osmega supports kodi it offers more now and the for the foreseeable future than the mutant hd51.
For example today I watched the 3pm kick offs on the osmega kodi build .The mutant can't offer that easily .
Plus if viewed don't have a 4k TV it's even pointless getting any 4k box.

Andy_Hazza
12-02-17, 07:39
But you're not buying into the here and now. The 4K boxes have been out for nearly 6 months and they don't offer anything different? Not yet and as Osmega supports kodi it offers more now and the for the foreseeable future than the mutant hd51.
For example today I watched the 3pm kick offs on the osmega kodi build .The mutant can't offer that easily .
Plus if viewed don't have a 4k TV it's even pointless getting any 4k box.

Satellite STB >> Satellite/Cable/Freeview Viewing
Dedicated Media Box >> Kodi/Plex etc
Conclusion >> Keep em separate equals Far Superior Experience. Simples.

Andy_Hazza
12-02-17, 07:42
For example today I watched the 3pm kick offs on the osmega kodi build .

Eeeew, I'd rather not. What a horrible experience that would be. I'd rather poke my eyeballs with a fork followed by salt. lol
I'm for quality...

Sicilian
12-02-17, 08:18
Your buying into the future.

Only if 4K content is ever available. Atm 4K receivers are not really offering much more than 4K output to match 4K tv's. only some have specific hardware features like the Ultimo4k.

To me it's a bit like when 1080p receivers became available to match 1080p tv's. Most hd broadcasts are still 1080i.

Stanman
12-02-17, 12:08
Eeeew, I'd rather not. What a horrible experience that would be. I'd rather poke my eyeballs with a fork followed by salt. lol
I'm for quality...

Don't need to Andy. All in good quality. The go ones was sly 1 HD and 3PM were better then SD

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

danlou
12-02-17, 12:11
Oh yes, stutter-free streaming and in 720p quality. The result was great too :)

DaMacFunkin
12-02-17, 13:44
Well I've had them all or tested them all and i will take a 1080i satellite broadcast over a 3mb/s 720p RuYa stream any day of the week, especially 3pm on a Saturday.

commando-serbia
02-01-18, 15:48
Of these ARM wetek1 submits full Kodi krypton with the original code player
the rest are not, or partially with an enigma player

openspa, mnigma, pbnigma