PDA

View Full Version : Solution required for Linux box in 1 room with distribution to tv in another room

timbo4000
08-01-17, 12:51
My friends are asking me to set them up with a Linux Satellite, however there is a slight issue in that their current setup is as follows:

Official sky box is in the lounge with a RF output from the box to the TV in the conservatory, the TV in the conservatory has a Sky Remote which allows changing channels on the Sky box in the lounge.

I believe that the Sky box in the lounge has an RF output back outside the house and back in to the TV in the conservatory.

My question is how can I replicate the same setup but using a Linux Satellite box in place of the Sky box in the lounge ?

I was wanting to use an Xtrend ET8500 but I notice that the receiver does not have an RF out, only HDMI & Composite.

Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated.

Andy_Hazza
08-01-17, 12:55
This maybe what you need >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/av-distribution/scart-to-rf-modulators/Mercury-Universal-Scart-to-RF-Video-Modulator-ILS102

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timbo4000
08-01-17, 13:01
Ahhh I see.

Thanks Andy.

One more question what about changing channels though for that I mean, the Xtrend Remote would need to be in the conservatory which would some how send the signal to the lounge to control the Xtrend receiver ?

s2tephen
08-01-17, 13:06
Try looking into HDMI TX RX solution and changing channels via hdmi CEC.

timbo4000
08-01-17, 13:16
Thanks s2tephen, I think though that solution might be a bit too expensive, plus they are still on old non HDMI & Smart TV's.

Andy_Hazza
08-01-17, 13:19
Ahhh I see.

Thanks Andy.

One more question what about changing channels though for that I mean, the Xtrend Remote would need to be in the conservatory which would some how send the signal to the lounge to control the Xtrend receiver ?

Use a phone app if he has a iPhone or Samsung Galaxy etc.

Joe_90
08-01-17, 13:22
@timbo4000 - this solution (again from the sponsor) allows for use of remote http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/av-distribution/ir-senders-magic-eyes/philex-slx-omni-link-plus-omnilink
You would need to bring the xtrend remote into the other room or purchase a second one.

timbo4000
08-01-17, 13:40
Thanks @fat-tony, most helpful. Along with @Andy_Hazza's solution I think that would work well.

techygirl
08-01-17, 14:13
Use a phone app if he has a iPhone or Samsung Galaxy etc.

I have an ET8500 and use the telly'mote - Enigma2 Remote Control on an iphone. It works no problem.