PDA

View Full Version : a little help

gingeee85
08-01-17, 11:59
im trying to flash my vu+ solo (unsure if a clone, wont go into that as its frowned apon here) anyway i have some older images , but when i try flash the box with anything i get a red loght for a second then it continues to boot into the vix image i have, im basically just trying to get it to flash an image that rytect epg will work with. everytime i try format usb through hp it says write protected, windows formats fat32 no problem, is there anything i can do? tried a couple of usb aswelll, well 2 sandisk ones. is there any advice anyone could give me?

Andy_Hazza
08-01-17, 12:52
Try 3.0.808, if works you know you have a clone. You will have to google for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gingeee85
08-01-17, 13:20
cheers for reply, iv got the image i have now52055, just to see if it reflashes and its like the vu box doesnt like either usb. whats this 3.0.808? the following picture is the vix version i have which wont flash again

Andy_Hazza
08-01-17, 13:23
Its a ViX image. Any images prior to Apollo 021 works on clones, anything after won't work. I was just simply saying if 3.0.808 (ViX) worked then you can safely say the receiver was a clone. Also any noticeable stickers on the receiver saying v1.0, v2.0 etc (rear of the receiver)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gingeee85
08-01-17, 13:47
ah ok, was just confused what them numbers you were saying haha, no visable stickers, opend box, got pictures if it helps to identify, is there a certain type of usb sticks these things like? its doing my head in now, even older vix arnt flashing, all i want is my epg populating on different sats, which doesnt seem to work on this image, downloads the rytec then just stops on parsing im gonna end up giving up soon :(