PDA

View Full Version : analogue output takes the LCD screen output of a xtrend 8500...

danlou
07-01-17, 23:31
Hi All

I replaced a Tivo box with a xtrend 8500 for a friend.

The Tivo box had a scart scket which he linked to a mercury RF modulator box for RF re-distribution.
The xtrend doesn't come with a scart but has Analogue phone outputs so I connected some red/white/yellow cables to the mercuy rf modulator box.
This is on channel 45 UHF.
However, when I tune to that channel on a analogue tv tuner I get a copy of the LCD screen and not the true signal from the box. In other words I was getting picons, weather and channel info on the analogie tv.
Is this by design or is there any other way of rerouting the actual tuner output.

thanks

techygirl
08-01-17, 10:16
I am not knowledgeable enough to answer your question but I had the same issue (tv in the kitchen so routed cable out the back of ET8500 with a RF modulator) my workaround for this is to go into
setup,
system,
Front LCD panel,
settings,
'clone TV screen to LCD' - yes.

Rob van der Does
08-01-17, 10:30
To me this sounds like a (driver?) bug, not as a feature.

Rob van der Does
08-01-17, 10:33
@techygirl: now I understand why I didn't understand the issue you reported before :)

twol
08-01-17, 10:39
Its certainly not a feature .. its using the wrong frame buffer, the one for the LCD display .... the question is whether its a driver issue or perhaps (?) E2 code using the wrong buffer???

The other surprise for me in trying to resolve the LCD skinning issue, is that when the skin was reduced by the OSD, you can see the Channel picture display behind it..... I have always thought that this was completely switched off when you turned off TV picture cloning .. and I am probably wrong but when I first was putting code into ViX to support the ET8500 I thought that this was the case.

danlou
08-01-17, 12:52
I am not knowledgeable enough to answer your question but I had the same issue (tv in the kitchen so routed cable out the back of ET8500 with a RF modulator) my workaround for this is to go into
setup,
system,
Front LCD panel,
settings,
'clone TV screen to LCD' - yes.
Thanks for the responses.

I think that's what I did in terms of setting up the LCD screen but what I also did was dim the display after 5 seconds so I don't get the image on the xtrend 8500 display as it's too annoying.

What I have noticed though is on the analogue TV the picture resolution is 4:3 and the quality is not that great.

If it's a bug , I'm happy to raise. Any steer is welcome on that front.

Thanks All.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
08-01-17, 12:57
RF was never good quality anyhow, was always poor when I had an officail sky receiver many years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
08-01-17, 13:13
RF was never good quality anyhow, was always poor when I had an officail sky receiver many years ago.
It's the lowest form of video-life (it's modulated composite), but this issue is about the wrong contents being made available via that output.

abu baniaz
08-01-17, 15:14
There is definitely an issue somewhere in the code for the front display. As an example, I set dimming on for the OSD on the Solo4K. This should in theory just affect the OSD, but the display on the front panel dims goes off at then comes back.

twol
08-01-17, 16:41
There is definitely an issue somewhere in the code for the front display. As an example, I set dimming on for the OSD on the Solo4K. This should in theory just affect the OSD, but the display on the front panel dims goes off at then comes back.

Not sure I follow, but .....
The dimming code (certainly for the ET8500) allows dimming down of the front panel LCD after a set time to a certain level ..... unless you do something with the remote in which case it will return to a normal brightness level as set by the user.
It will then go through the dimming cycle again.

abu baniaz
08-01-17, 16:48
There is an option for dimming the info bar on the TV screen. It is affecting the front panel.

sticky7
20-08-17, 21:39
Has anyone solved the original problem of modulator mirroring the LCD display and not the main screen? Just got an et8500 and having this issue.

twol
21-08-17, 06:23
Haven't seen any code changes that would do this ....