PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] Setting up DISEQC 1.1 in "Advanced" mode with multiple LNBs

George Kildare
07-01-17, 17:03
Presently I am operating one of my tuners in "Simple" DISEQC 1.0 A,B,C,D configuration mode with 4 LNBs (Astra1, Hotbird, Astra2 and Astra3).

I am thinking of adding a 5th LNB to one of my satellite tuners for Telstar 12. This presumably entails using "Advanced" configuration mode. I have a few questions about this.

1. In simple A,B,C,D mode, I can configure each LNB separately and after saving the configuration, information about which satellite is connected to A,B,C,D ports of the switch is displayed. When I try to configure my 4 LNBs in "Advanced" configuration with DISEQC 1.1 it does not work. There appears to be no obvious way of configuring more than 1 LNB before saving. After saving this advanced configuration, I see merely "Advanced" displayed. The relevant satellite/switch positions are not displayed (unlike the situation in "Simple"). Am I doing something wrong or does the XTrend ET10000 not support DISEQC 1.1?

2. Is there a cook-book for setting up DISEQC 1.1 in "Advanced" mode with more than 4 LNBs? A description and instructions for some of the relevant DISEQC 1.1.parameters are not given in v1.1 of the excellent OpenVix manual.

3. An alternative would be to add a USB tuner for the 5th LNB (I already have 2 cable tuners and 2 satellite tuners). Would the USB tuner slow the whole box down? If not, is there a brand of USB tuner that works better with the XTrend box?

abu baniaz
07-01-17, 17:37
Does this help?
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?46758-Illustrated-Guide-to-setting-up-disqec-1-1(T90-dish-with-multi-LNB-Vix-image)