PDA

View Full Version : Single tuner advice /recommenations

JIZZSTER
07-01-17, 13:23
Hello Ive finally got my Mutant all sorted and loving it, but afraid to touch it now lol ....But now want a little box just to play around with to properly educate myself and get comfortable with loading skins etc etc without compromising my mainset up. I only need a inexpensive single tuner but was wondering what people recommend . No real budget as such just looking for good value for money no req for gad drive etc its purely a project machine to add stauff change set ups etc an mess around with.

Thanks

ccs
07-01-17, 13:31
The cheapest way would be to take an image backup of your Mutant, and then you can play around with it as much as you want, restoring the backup image when/if you need to.

dodgeg1
07-01-17, 14:07
I was in the same boat as you, I wanted a cheap box to mess about with and test things on and not disturb my main satellite box (the mrs goes mad if anything changes) My main box is a VU+ Solo2 and I ended up buying the VU+Zero for about £100 and set that up in our bedroom on a separate satellite feed.
I would recommend purchasing any of the cheaper boxes from the world of satellite website as they all work with openvix.
Currently they are doing an Octagon box for £59 which is a bargain :thumbsup:

bassethound
07-01-17, 14:16
The Miraclebox Premium Micro HD is a excellent box for £89 comes in white or black and has a excellent remote

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Miraclebox

abu baniaz
09-01-17, 04:10
you still have your duo, play around with that.