PDA

View Full Version : Dual tuners

gez18
07-01-17, 00:14
Hi guys.... I have a mutant hd51 with two tuners.... I put both my sky dish cables in the rf in's... is that right, if so what is the rf out for... how many sides can you record at once.... also can you use wifi on these boxes if so how lol

Cheers and sorry for the stupid questions

mrxbox360
07-01-17, 02:29
Hi rf out for cable isnt used / rf out for sat is only used if you have a motorised dish as it is the return feed back to the dish / you are better off with home plugs as wifi can be a pain to setup & with mixed results :thumbsup:

TK4|2|1
07-01-17, 07:41
Hi rf out for cable isnt used / rf out for sat is only used if you have a motorised dish as it is the return feed back to the dish / you are better off with home plugs as wifi can be a pain to setup & with mixed results :thumbsup:

What!? Return feed to the dish, what nonsense is this?
Out is for looping to a second receiver.

gez18
07-01-17, 08:06
????? So I don't need to use rf out????

Andy_Hazza
07-01-17, 09:34
Correct. Both cables to In from the satellite dish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrxbox360
08-01-17, 03:26
????? So I don't need to use rf out????

rf out for sat is only used if you have a motorised dish as it is the return feed back to the dish to supply power the motor :thumbsup:

abu baniaz
08-01-17, 03:56
rf out for sat is only used if you have a motorised dish as it is the return feed back to the dish to supply power the motor :thumbsup:
No, this is not correct. Power goes up the one cable. No need for second cable.

You can loop out to another tuner. But limited to the quadrant that the original tuner is locked onto.