PDA

View Full Version : Uno 4K

dlmlus
06-01-17, 16:33
Good Afternoon everyone.

Thinking of:
Uno 4K S2(twin)+VU+Usb Cable tuner

I presume the cable tuner would be fine.

I used to use a Vu+Uno a year or 2 ago and
Found it to be a excellent box, Thats why i
Fancy the above

I would just like others/owners thoughts on the above setup, Please.

Cheers

dlmlus
07-01-17, 11:48
60 views, Not 1 reply for a genuine ?

The silence says it all.
Therefore money stays in pocket.

Cheers

Andy_Hazza
07-01-17, 12:33
Hi dlmlus. My friend has the Vu+ Uno 4K and loves it. He has the Satellite version. He doesn't have the Vu+ Turbo tuner so can't comment on that, but as far as the receiver goes it is a cracking skybox. I will ask about the Vu+ Turbo tuner and see if anyone has encountered any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlmlus
07-01-17, 13:48
Hi dlmlus. My friend has the Vu+ Uno 4K and loves it. He has the Satellite version. He doesn't have the Vu+ Turbo tuner so can't comment on that, but as far as the receiver goes it is a cracking skybox. I will ask about the Vu+ Turbo tuner and see if anyone has encountered any problems.

Thanks Andy
I would appreciate that.

I used to own a original Uno, And loved it.(purchased from WOS of course)
So if the 4K version is as good as that then to me its a winner.
I need the Turbo Tuner to work with this box.
Budget is a bit stretched.
Cheers

BestDecoder
07-01-17, 13:55
Hi dimlus Purchased mine and received just before Xmas with pre-installed OpenVix, USB wifi dongle thingy and USB 500gb hard drive. Everything simple to setup if you have had VU+'s before - apart from the Oscam side of things but slowly getting my head around it :thumbsup: If you have the 4K tv there's not too much I've found in the 4K department yet - but hopefully things will improve as time goes by - or it'll be a lame duck like Beta max V VHS video tapes of yesteryear ;) Had a lot of problems with the Oscam side of things as that's the only cam available - which wasn't helped by the download version being unstable - but that's life :confused: :sofahide:
Mine has the tuner that you can watch one channel and possibly record upto 7 more but I haven't got my head around that as yet ;)
Would I recommend one - well to be perfectly honest I'm still learning all about it and I'm sure at the moment I'm not getting the best from it but given time I'm certain my opinion will change but the important thing (to me anyway!!) I certainly have no regrets about the purchase and the cost also was a major factor in said purchase (I already have Solo2 which the Uno 4K replaced in the lounge and a Zero which is assigned to the motorhome) all running OpenVix so apart from the cam issue well pleased :cool: :)
Hope this helps in a positive manner to enable you to have the confidence and purchase one

dlmlus
07-01-17, 14:35
Thank you, BestDecoder for the info.
I,m glad your getting to grips with your new Uno.
I just need to know the Vu+TurboTuner(cable) works with it.
If it does i will purchase Un4K+Tuner(cable) from WOS.
Andy is trying to findout for me, Fingers crossed it will work.

I managed to get oscam working on my other box (technomate 3T), With help from a tutorial
I found on the net.
Cheers
dlmlus

Dek
10-01-17, 22:39
I have The VU+ Uno 4k version up and running and it is a great little box that doesn't take up much room.It has no front display because everything is done or viewed on the tv which suits me fine.Picture is really good and colours rich and vibrant i have the audio through a Yamaha YSP 2500 soundbar and is excellent. The box is really fast and Kodi etc work well. I had a hard drive plugged in but replaced it with a 256gb usb Flash drive which keeps things compact but very functional. I used the Mutant HD2400 box before which was excellent and a hard act to follow but this little box is a worthy replacement for the price................

Sicilian
10-01-17, 22:42
I'll try testing the VU+ Turbo tuner tomorrow with Uno4K. Not had time to test it. Receiver itself is great.

dlmlus
11-01-17, 11:02
Thank You
All for the help and support.
Whilst i,ve been waiting for replies/info, I discovered the Octagon SF4008
Which WOS will be stocking soon, This box is recieving good reviews across europe.
Cheers

Sicilian
20-01-17, 20:04
Vu+ turbo USB tuner confirmed working.

mianabid
29-01-17, 15:21
Buy dreambox 900 4k better than this one

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
29-01-17, 15:54
Buy dreambox 900 4k better than this one

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

This post made me chuckle......

Dazzlerderby
21-07-17, 16:52
Hi Best Decoder ..I have a vu solo 2..was looking at getting this box..is it a worthy upgrade...as in pic quality ..speed etc.thanks.D.