PDA

View Full Version : [MB Premium Ultra] movie folder has gone to lost+found

point17
05-01-17, 19:49
Hi,

The "movies" folder on my Miraclebox and all the files and sub-folders within it mysteriously moved to lost+found yesterday at some indeterminate time when nobody was using the machine. I had not switched off or rebooted the box and there's no sign of it having crashed and rebooted and run an fsck (although I haven't checked the logs - not sure where to find them). Amazingly, recordings proceeded as normal into the movies folder within lost+found (without me changing the default recording path) and everything seems to be working normally except for the change in location.

I'd like to put things back to how they were but I'm unsure of the best way to proceed to minimise the risk of making a mess of things. Should I just lift the entire movies folder and drop it back to Harddisk where it belongs? Is there any risk of losing the contents if I do this? And what's the best way to achieve it - using the user interface on the box itself or using drag and drop from my PC (I frequently use a PC connected via Samba to copy recordings to the PC, or to move / delete them on the box)?

As a low-impact experiment I tried creating a new "movies" folder in Harddisk. This worked fine and when the next recording started it automatically used the new movies folder. So I now have all my old recordings in the movies folder in lost+found and new recordings being placed in Harddisk/movies. The only issue with the new movies folder is that the user interface does not show a ".." entry so I can't easily navigate up to Harddisk - is there a way to get this restored?

Many thanks,
Dan

Andy_Hazza
05-01-17, 19:54
Highlight on what you want to move and press the green button to move (I think) and move to whichever directory you wish.
They can't "Mysteriously" move though, someone has done so. You are not open to the outside world are you (as in opened ports on your router) as could have been hacked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk