PDA

View Full Version : Satillite bouquet changed

Sheppy100
05-01-17, 15:06
Hi all
I have had a few problems with my vu duo which I have sorted out by reloading the latest VIX image, no problems there. My problem is I loaded from SKY UK bouquet and also FTA UK for my local area, The BBC 1 channel was the correct one but had somehow ended up with the wrong ITV channel for my area so I ran another channel... Still the same problem not a major problem in itself more of an irritation really. So went to do another scan and the only bouquet I have available in the PROVIDERS menu is AUSTRIASAT 9E, the sky & FTA UK have disappeared... I have not moved the dish or changed any settings on the DUO box all I have done is moved channels in dreambox edit.. Can anyone tell how to get the sky/FTA bouquet providers back.
Thanks
Drew

Andy_Hazza
05-01-17, 15:13
You are best using AutoBouquetsMaker (ABM) to create your Sky UK channels and forget about using Dreambox Edit to maintain your channel list. Also as you are using an old receiver like the Duo, make sure you setup a Swap File to help with CrossEPG etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheppy100
05-01-17, 20:29
I did use ABM, although that has now been solved, I unplugged the box and plugged back in and it was ok again.
A swapfile?? I'm not even sure what that is ��. This is all like another language to me.:confused:

Andy_Hazza
05-01-17, 21:04
A swap file can be enabled from Blue button > ViX > Swap Manager. I advise to go with the 256MB option to the HDD, then activate & autostart it.

Sheppy100
05-01-17, 21:45
Ok thanks, but what actually does that do?... I use dreambox edit to swap around the channels so the ones I use regularly are at the top for convenience, that's all really

ccs
05-01-17, 22:20
A swap file has nothing to do with swapping channels around.
Basically, it's a way of swapping out blocks of RAM to disc when the system is running low.
It just runs in the background, you never need to do anything with it.

Sheppy100
05-01-17, 22:28
Oh right.... I've done that but I'm still done the wiser :confused:...... But it sounds impressive.. Is DBE ok just for swapping channel order about... I get on ok with it.... Now that I've sorted out connecting to it

Andy_Hazza
06-01-17, 06:12
Yeah if you are happy using DBE you can carry on using that. Me personally just like simplicity, thus why ABM is perfect for me. [emoji4]