PDA

View Full Version : Box seems broken

KevinM2k
04-01-17, 21:49
Hi,

Everything has been fine on my box until recently when I was getting errors when going to plugins or trying to self update and cross epg no longer worked.

I read up that I needed to upgrade vix, so I downloaded vix from the official site for my box put the vuplus folder on to a fat32 formatted pen drive put it in the back and restarted the box.

The openvix boot screen came up, then went off and the front light flashed, the openvix boot then came back... but then it does nothing, the light doesn't brighten or dim or anything it just sits there... any ideas?

Kev

Andy_Hazza
04-01-17, 21:55
Any other usb devices attached? When flashing no other devices can be present. Also try a different usb flash drive. You would have been better off doing a couch flash.

I always use the front usb when flashing via a usb flash drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinM2k
04-01-17, 22:03
Hi, the vu+ solo se doenst have a front usb only a back one. I only have the one 15gb flash drive... its changed now - im no longer getting the openvix splash screen.. the light on the front flashes twice then it just goes black, thats if i have the usb drive in or not. scrap that - I am still getting the openvix splash

Andy_Hazza
04-01-17, 22:24
If done correctly the LED light glows slowly in n out, then after a few minutes, if successful it flashes quickly, you then power the receiver off, remove the usb n power back on.

KevinM2k
04-01-17, 22:27
That doesn't happen, the front led flashes twice then i get the vu+ bootscreen... thats whether usb is in or out.
On root of pen drive is the vuplus folder, then inside that is the solose folder then inside that are the 6 files - i believe this is right? If it was the pen drive how would i know?? its a 15gb Integral, but thats all i have at the mo.

Andy_Hazza
04-01-17, 23:06
Are you able to turn the receiver on and it run whatever version of ViX you have on it now? If so try using IM to couch flash.

KevinM2k
04-01-17, 23:30
Are you able to turn the receiver on and it run whatever version of ViX you have on it now? If so try using IM to couch flash.

no unfortunately, just sits on splash screen. whats a couch flash

daz450
04-01-17, 23:37
Try using a smaller USB drive less than 8gb normally works fine.

KevinM2k
04-01-17, 23:53
Try using a smaller USB drive less than 8gb normally works fine.

I only have a 15gb one at the mo, what if i try slow formatting it or using the hp formatter tool? or even partition the usb pen drive smaller... any of those work?

is what i'm seeing because the box can't recognise the usb or is it something else?

What does the 2 flashes when booting mean?

daz450
05-01-17, 00:48
ive never been able to get a bigger capacity than 8 to work at all.

KevinM2k
05-01-17, 00:49
ive never been able to get a bigger capacity than 8 to work at all.

would you expect the behaviour i'm seeing when usb isn't recognised? I should be able to get hold of another usb tomorrow.

daz450
05-01-17, 01:05
yeah had problems trying with loads in the end the Kingston 8gb worked.

KevinM2k
05-01-17, 01:06
yeah had problems trying with loads in the end the Kingston 8gb worked.

ok so at least I know my box isn't beyond repair, its just about getting a usb pen drive that works... i'll try and get hold of a couple tomorrow just in case.

KevinM2k
05-01-17, 01:15
so i've just used the low level formatter from hddguru site and all of a sudden the vu solo has picked up the pen drive so looks like i'm going to be good to go once this has completed. Thanks all for any help you provided. just glad its sorted! :-D

Andy_Hazza
05-01-17, 06:05
Glad you managed to get it sorted. [emoji1360]