PDA

View Full Version : software update error

gumsy52
04-01-17, 13:01
Can anyone help,I've been trying to do an update but I'm getting an error saying a background update is in progress i have no idea how to rectify this

Andy_Hazza
04-01-17, 13:02
What version are you on? Menu > Information > About

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gumsy52
04-01-17, 13:07
VU+ solo2 been up since last week done an update 2 weeks ago no problem

Andy_Hazza
04-01-17, 13:10
I asked what version you were on?

gumsy52
04-01-17, 13:18
Sorry Vu+ solo 2 with 1TB HDD white edition 2x DVB-S2 tuners [Openvix 4.2 Dev Build]

Andy_Hazza
04-01-17, 15:04
Do a backup (Blue Button > ViX > Backup Manager & Green button to create a new backup. When a backup has been done, exit back one then go into Image Manager & Yellow button to downloads and highlight & select openvix 4.2.023 release (latest available image) & Green button to download. After a few minutes when image has downloaded, Red button to close the window, then highlight the image you've just downloaded & Blue button to restore.
When flashed & the receiver has restarted you will be at the FIW, you can restore your settings and plugins from the backup you made prior to downloading the image. Good Luck!

ravepants
04-01-17, 20:36
I had the same problem with my Technomate Nano SE, and this helped me fix it, thanks.

Sadly though the backups I had will not restore as it says they are all incompatible with this version, is there anything I can do, or am i just going to have to manually configure it all again?

I had to cancel the backup restore in the end and retune etc.

Andy_Hazza
04-01-17, 20:52
Yeah you will have to manually configure. As a rule when doing a core update, I.e. 4.1.xx to 4.2.xx no restores will be permitted.

gumsy52
05-01-17, 01:07
Thank you very much Andy your a star Im a novice at this so you might be hearing a lot more from me lol:p

Tonystark7
05-01-17, 12:02
I had the same problem with my Technomate Nano SE, and this helped me fix it, thanks.

Sadly though the backups I had will not restore as it says they are all incompatible with this version, is there anything I can do, or am i just going to have to manually configure it all again?

I had to cancel the backup restore in the end and retune etc.

Have the Same box mine has VM feed only and had to reflash to 4.2.21 and everything is working again.

once setup again best to make that the Backup as been advised 4.2.24 may be fixing issue.

Hope this helps