PDA

View Full Version : Vu Duo not recognising USB stick for flashing

snagsboson
03-01-17, 17:15
I have a Kingston traveller 8gb USB stick that I have used on 3 different Vu Solo2's and a Vu Duo with no problem. However my father in laws will not have it. After flicking the ticker switch to on it briefly says on the display reading USB then it says starting and boots up. I have tried with a San Disk USB stick and it just goes steaming to starting.

Is this a likely to be a probkem with the USB ports? Both ports are giving the same above symptoms.

abu baniaz
03-01-17, 17:34
Are there any other USB devices connected? If so, remove them.

If receiver is functioning, you may want to consider flashing/installing/restoring your chosen image using Image Manager.

All these USB flashing issues make me understand why Technomate had miniweb and miniroot on the TM800.

1554leslie
03-01-17, 18:13
Low level format the usb with HDDguru and then format fat 32 and that should do the job

snagsboson
03-01-17, 20:55
There are no other USB devices connected. The epg is stored on the hdd. The image is so out of date the receiver is begging for a complete image update.

snagsboson
03-01-17, 20:56
How do I go about a low level format prior to FAT32 format?

kris07
09-01-17, 21:14
Hi i've had this issues before and posted the same question on here. I was told to use HP formatting tool and hey presto every usb stick works after formatting using this, no idea why my laptop fomatting tool did not work on my usb's but this always does the job.

http://download.cnet.com/HP-USB-Disk-Storage-Format-Tool/3000-2094_4-10974082.html