PDA

View Full Version : Timeshift behaviour

Emcken
03-01-17, 00:37
Hi,

If I rewind a program, say, 30 minutes and start watching it, at the end of the timeshifted program the display just pauses. The picture freezes and I can only rewind again. Pressing the Stop button does nothing. The only way I can get back to real time on that channel is by changing channel and changing back again. This means that I miss the first 30mins of the following show and can't timeshift.

I've experienced this on my Xtrend 8500, my Technomate Nano, and the Miraclebox Premium Twin Plus.

Is there a setting to rectify this? I'm in the process of replacing all of my zgemma boxes with official Vix ones, but this issue is really annoying me as it doesn't happen with the zgemma's. They simply carry on playing the following program with no problems.

Thanks

fowleronline
16-02-17, 13:28
Thank you for seeing the exact same problem I posed, and posting on my thread too.
WOS are right to be enthusiastic about a very good box, but this fault is a massive disappointment to me and I have this exact issue at least once a day. Should I ring WOS for support, or is this forum their main source of support?
There are some really smart tech savvy people out there who must have an idea what causes the problem and how to fix it.
Would reporting it as a bug be appropriate?
Thanks

Emcken
16-02-17, 15:51
Hi,
I spoke to WOS about this back in Autumn last year as I thought it was an issue with my Miraclebox. They said that even the high end VU+ boxes do the same thing, so that indicates a software/Vix limitation.
Very surprised that so few people seem to have raised it and that it hasn't been rectified. Especially when it works fine on unofficial boxes.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

ccs
16-02-17, 16:27
I've had time shift capable boxes for nearly 15 years, and never once used the feature.
I just record the programmes I want to watch.

No help to you, I know.

nsw9154
16-02-17, 17:07
well i forgot to turn my ET10k off last night so it is still on Sky Sports 1 and i have just Time shifted through 5 hours of Tennis 2 hours of Football and i am now watching the WWE rubbish and my Time Shift is working fine :confused:

you can also use the < > buttons to skip a program but if you press the buttons to fast it might crash the time shift as it is recorded on the Hard Drive so take it slow and steady and you should not have any problems

ccs
16-02-17, 17:18
Had you paused live tv last night, so were able to move forwards thru' the time-shift buffer, or were you able to go back 7+ hours before watching?

Edit: hadn't seen your edit.:)

nsw9154
16-02-17, 17:31
i just left the receiver running as i have 3 others running as well and i switch between receivers often so sometimes i just leave them on a certain channel