PDA

View Full Version : Stream to PC?

Bodmass
02-01-17, 19:49
Hi,

Is it possible to stream from the OS Mini (twin sat model) to PC?

And yes, there is an obvious follow up question to this if the answer is yes :)

If the answer is no, which line out should I start investigating the use of in order to run a cable around my property to a 2nd TV?

Bod

Ford1
02-01-17, 20:15
1. Yes through the use of openwebif, your box ip address, and port of webif, (192.168.0.x:80)
where x = your ip address
where :80 = your webif port

Stream direct to pc.

There is no line out for the Edison or practically any e2 reciver, either hdmi extender or rf modulater.

Bodmass
03-01-17, 22:53
Thanks for that.

I've tried with 192.168.8:80 (with & without http://) in "Open network stream" in VLC & Webif is active with all authentications off.

Nothing happening.

Do I want to switch anything on in webif?

Do I need to play with the mount manager or anything?

Do I need to play with my PCs network or anything?

My PC connects easily with Filezilla.

Bod.

abu baniaz
03-01-17, 22:54
What do you use to open the m3u files?

ccs
03-01-17, 23:02
Press the stream button (top left) in OpenWebif - you'll be asked whether to open or save stream.m3u

You need to have associated m3u files with a suitable player on your pc eg VLC.

You then select open, and VLC or whatever will fire up and play.

birdman
03-01-17, 23:29
I've tried with 192.168.8:80 (with & without http://) in "Open network stream" in VLC & Webif is active with all authentications off.You're missing a byte in the IP address, or that's a typo.
And you need to put it into the URL bar of a browser. It will return a web page that has links to streaming options.

adm
03-01-17, 23:37
Thanks for that.

I've tried with 192.168.8:80 (with & without http://) in "Open network stream" in VLC & Webif is active with all authentications off.

Nothing happening.

Establish the IP of your box
Menu -> Information -> Network -> IP

Type this number into the address bar of your PCs browser which should start up Webif in your browser

Select a bouquet or movies (for your recorded programs) and one of the icons associated with the program will be the stream icon (see arrowed icon on the attached image)

A pop up window should appear asking which program on your computer should be used to display the program/recording. I use VLC

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.en_GB.html

ccs
04-01-17, 11:41
A pop up window should appear asking which program on your computer should be used to display the program/recording. I use VLC.

Odd, I see a different dialogue, as mentioned in my previous post.

Valiant
04-01-17, 12:43
Odd, I see a different dialogue, as mentioned in my previous post.

Its the same standard windows openwith/save dialogue, the openwith part allowing you to choose which tool you want to open the file with.

The OP needs to follow adm's very helpful steps and he should be ok.

ccs
04-01-17, 13:42
Its the same standard windows openwith/save dialogue, the openwith part allowing you to choose which tool you want to open the file with.

The OP needs to follow adm's very helpful steps and he should be ok.Well, as I said before, I'm not asked which tool to open the file with, using a bog standard windows 10 PC.

judge
04-01-17, 14:45
Well, as I said before, I'm not asked which tool to open the file with, using a bog standard windows 10 PC.
So, the m3u file is downloaded to your PC.
Right click it & pick an app to open it in. Preferably VLC.

ccs
04-01-17, 15:01
So, the m3u file is downloaded to your PC.
Right click it & pick an app to open it in. Preferably VLC.In windows, I've associated all m3u files with VLC.
When I select "open" (rather than save) when running OpenWebif, VLC fires up and plays the recording/live tv.
Much like @adm's post, but different for some reason. :)

birdman
04-01-17, 20:33
Much like @adm's post, but different for some reason. :)may be browser dependant. Some have an option to ask, but you can always set a handler to run without prompting.

But the relevant thing for the OP is that you need to use a browser - you can't just put the box's IP address into the VLC "Open network stream" pop-up.

Bodmass
15-01-17, 15:43
Thanks folks, understood now. Webif opens in a browser & it works sweet from there :)

Now, can I stream outside my local network?

How do I want to set up webif plugin?