PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Zero Constant Problems

Conorooney
31-12-16, 16:31
Hi all,

My friend has the VU+ Zero and it's done nothing but plague me. He bought it from WOS in February and even the initial setup caused me headaches but I finally got it working. I've plenty of experience with the VU+ boxes as I own the Ultimo and Solo and have set up all different models for friends and families. However with the zero I get problems and will not be recommending people buy it in future. No matter how many times I re-image it I get problems. If I get everything I need done within 30 minutes of a new image then it will work fine. After that it stops connecting with the plugin server, can't FTP into the box either via Putty, FlashFXP, DreamboxEdit or even CMD. There is a network connection as I can see from my router admin page and even the Information menu on the box gives the IP address.

Has anyone had this problem? I tried the new 023, 022 and then went to 021 image until I got it working. I see there is Firmware upgrade added to the plugin menu now. Could this help? As I said, I can FTP into the box (but the connection takes longer than any other VU+ box I've used), send channel lists to it but after 30 mins or so I can't connect to it.

Cheers folks.

Sicilian
31-12-16, 16:34
Do you have ports forwarded on router to the receiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
31-12-16, 16:45
Which Softcam/emulator are you using?

Conorooney
31-12-16, 17:07
As soon as I flash I download plugins in this order:

Extensions: MultiQuickButton
Skins: Blue
Softcams: Cccam 2.3.0 then MgCamd 1.35

Conorooney
31-12-16, 17:10
No I don't have any ports forwarded. Because I'm setting up for friends I do it in my house and when finished I give them the box. My box is working fine. It weird that this only happens after downloading a few plugins.

I also just downloaded the Sky EPG from CrossEPG no problem. Weird isn't the word. And only on this zero box! :confused:

Conorooney
31-12-16, 17:20
There must be some problem with this Zero box and with a LAN connection. I used a VU+ wifi dongle and could make connections no problem and get everything I need working. Usually it's the other way around. :confused:

Has anyone had this issue before in the past?

Andy_Hazza
31-12-16, 17:23
Why installing/using 2 softcams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
31-12-16, 17:26
Can you attach your Mg_cfg. You will need to zip it.

Conorooney
31-12-16, 17:26
Both aren't active at the one time. I know it's against the rules to talk about it but he has two different accounts from two different providers and alternates for foreign channels.

Conorooney
31-12-16, 17:28
Here it is here:

abu baniaz
31-12-16, 17:31
Here it is here:

Was just checking logging option was not enabled.