PDA

View Full Version : Tuner configuration

goonerman1961
30-12-16, 22:37
Hi,

I need a little help with tuner set up please.
I have a Duo 2 with a twin tuner installed in slot A and recently I added a further single tuner in tuner slot B to hopefully enable me to record 3 programmes at the same time. I only have a twin cable fed to the box, in the manual it states that you can loop from one tuner to the other to cut back on the cables required. Is this possible or does each tuner need its own cable feed?
If it can be done how should I cable up & what should my tuner settings be set to?
Thanks

hardy27
30-12-16, 23:08
I think you would need Tuner A to be LNB in and LoopOut.

Therefore the first sat feed should be fitted into top LNB IN and the LoopOut cable fitted into bottom LoopOut running to Tuner B top LNB IN.

The final feed to Tuner B bottom LNB IN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hardy27
30-12-16, 23:09
Make sure you correspond the setup in Tuner Configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
30-12-16, 23:22
Ideally each tuner should have its wire direct from the LNB. If this is not possible, use the internal "loop-through" feature.

Rob van der Does
31-12-16, 07:48
As there s no internal loop-through from one tuner slot to the other slot you need to connect one cable to the single tuner, and connect the loop-out of that tuner to the LNB-in of one of the dual tuners. Then connect the other cable to the other LNB-in of the dual tuner.
Make sure that the tuner configuration matches the physical connections.

So e.g. Tuner A & C have the complete setup, and tuner B is set as lop through to tuner A.

Other option is to connect a cable to the single tuner, and the other to one of he dual tuners. The second tuner of the dual tuner can then use the internal loop through from i's 'brother' (so no external loop through cable).

So e.g. Tuner A & B have the complete setup, and tuner C is set as lop through to tuner B.

goonerman1961
01-01-17, 22:18
Thanks for your advise.
I have set cabled up my tuners like this:
1 Cable to top input on twin tuner, 1 cable to input on single tuner, loop from loop out of single tuner to other input on twin tuner.
My tuner configuration is:
Tuner A is simple, single
Tuner B is loop thru to tuner A
Tuner C is simple, single
Twin tuner is installed in Tuner A slot of Vu+ box
Single tuner is installed in slot B
I am still unable to schedule 3 recordings at the same time, is my Tuner configuration correct? Or for this do I need 3 cable inputs?

Cheers

Rob van der Does
02-01-17, 04:02
So if I read tour configuration correct, your physical setup doesn't match the tuner configuration.
Let's follow all your details:

1- Twin tuner is installed in Tuner A slot of Vu+ box
Single tuner is installed in slot B
So tuner A is the top tuner of the dual tuner board and tuner B is the lower one; tuner C being the single tuner.

2-1 Cable to top input on twin tuner,
So that would be tuner A

3- 1 cable to input on single tuner,
So that would be tuner C

4- loop from loop out of single tuner to other input on twin tuner.
So that would be from tuner C to tuner B

If that's correct you should configure tuners A & C as having the input, and tuner B as looped through to tuner C.

goonerman1961
03-01-17, 22:43
Rob,
Thanks for your help with this.
When I configure the tuners how you state, I cannot record 3 programmes together, after 2 recordings are set up most of my channels are then shadowed out & I get a conflict message when trying to add a third recording, of note when I do a "sat finder" in settings I get a strong signal on tuner A & C but B does not show up!

I have now messed around with all the configurations & now got all the tuners set to:
simple, single, I can now record 3 things together (yippee) so I hope this helps anyone else with the same problem. With this configuration the sat finder signal is strong on all 2 tuners as well.

goonerman1961
03-01-17, 22:45
on all 3 tuners!!

Sorry

abu baniaz
03-01-17, 22:49
What you have told the receiver is wrong. You have told it all three tuners have wires from the LNB. This is not the case as per your description. Sooner or later, you will run into problems.

Rob van der Does
04-01-17, 06:08
Rob,
Thanks for your help with this.
When I configure the tuners how you state, I cannot record 3 programmes together, after 2 recordings are set up most of my channels are then shadowed out & I get a conflict message when trying to add a third recording, of note when I do a "sat finder" in settings I get a strong signal on tuner A & C but B does not show up!
So that seems to be perfectly correct then!
1- A looped-through tuner will indeed not show in satfinder (as there is nothing to be learned from that).
2- And indeed: loop through does have it consequences. What the looped through tuner is able to see, is only in the same 'quadrant' of the looping through tuner.

I have now messed around with all the configurations & now got all the tuners set to:
simple, single, I can now record 3 things together (yippee) so I hope this helps anyone else with the same problem. With this configuration the sat finder signal is strong on all 2 tuners as well.
So that's very wrong then. Lying to your box won't help you.
Of course now the looped through tuner will show in satfinder, and of course you'll see no 'greyed out' services, as the box thinks it can do more then it can do in reality.

goonerman1961
04-01-17, 11:49
oh ok,
This is all a little advanced for me to understand.
I think the best thing I can do to achieve what I want is to add a further cable.

Thanks again.

Rob van der Does
04-01-17, 11:55
OK, but in the mean time configure the tuners as I suggested, otherwise you're only deceiving the box (and hence yourself)....