PDA

View Full Version : Open VIX and OpenPLi recording problems, errors saying that there is no space on hdd

xawoger
30-12-16, 18:34
Hello,

This is my first post on this forum and unfortunately it is the one about an issue. I have big problem with setting the external hdd on this box. I will try to explain what my issue:

I have bought two Edision Os Mini receivers some while ago. Never thought that I will need to record any tv programs I watch on it, but this moment arrived and I have decided to try to do it. I have bought an external HDD 2TB Segate. When I have connected it to the receiver I have initiated it in the hdd settings. Everything went good and after a while I had the receiver with 2TB HDD mounted as /media/usb. The same night I have had set some timers and went a sleep. Next day morning I have fired my receiver up and I saw an error saying that there might not be enough space on my hdd, I have checked the settings and it looked like my hdd have been unmounted and mounted on different mounting point. I read that this could happen with some hdd's so I have downloaded plugin 'device manager' an I have had set it with fixed mounting point. The same day I have had set some timers again and went out of the house. When I came back I have noticed that this problem happened again but this time hdd have been mounted back to the original mounting point (the fixed one). Ok at this point I started to think that this might be a fault from hdd's side. I have attached different hdd that I had at home and done the same procedure like with previous one (initiate it and set the fixed mounting point). After a few hours of recording the same error happened. I have checked another hdd, but this time it was the powered external hdd. Same setup, same error after a while.
At this point I gave up with this receiver and I have had set up the second one (another Edision Os Mini). Unfortunately the same problem happened on the second one. I have tested it on OpenVix and on OpenPLi few different revisions.
Logs that I have managed to find aren't saying anything specific. They repeat word in word what is showed on the TV screen when the errors happens. I don't really know what to do next. I have tried all the ways I could think off to set the hdd and I failed each time. I couldn't find any decent Guide hot to set it right. Could somebody help me?

abu baniaz
30-12-16, 19:00
On OpenViX, if you only have one device connected, it is usually mounted as /HDD not /USB. If you have two devices connected, the larger one is usually the one mounted as /HDD

People who go about changing mount points when they install their image are doing themselves a disservice. HDD is used so everything needs a storage device works out of the box. You do not need to install any plugins on OpenVix to mount devices. They should be mounted automatically.

Is your storage device USB powered or does it have a separate power supply?

silverblack
30-12-16, 19:02
Are they powered HDD or USB connected ?
They really need a powered HDD to work as i found out.
I had a USB connected 500GB that seemed to work when connected but only lasted 5 minutes then dissapeared from the Edison like you are experiencing.

mrxbox360
30-12-16, 19:15
ive got the same issue with a 1tb un powered hdd

xawoger
30-12-16, 19:17
Hello guys, thanks for the replies.

I have checked it with four different hdd's. One of this four is powered. All of them behaved the same. Error that I get is: "WRITE ERROR on recording, disk full?".

On OpenViX, if you only have one device connected, it is usually mounted as /HDD not /USB. If you have two devices connected, the larger one is usually the one mounted as /HDD

People who go about changing mount points when they install their image are doing themselves a disservice. HDD is used so everything needs a storage device works out of the box. You do not need to install any plugins on OpenVix to mount devices. They should be mounted automatically.

I have used 'device manager' plugin only when I have been checking the OpenPLi.

There is an issue and I don't know how to solve it. I would like to be able to show the decent background proof for the stuff I am going through, but I don't know how to force the OpenVix to log everything what is happening on the receiver. Could one of you point me out how to do it?

ronand
30-12-16, 19:22
Stick with the powered drive for the moment. Have you tried to initialise it with the STB yet? (you will lose any info on it)

abu baniaz
30-12-16, 19:28
Issue the following command and post back the results. Link in my signature if you need it.

df -h

Are you using the same USB cable?

xawoger
30-12-16, 19:52
Issue the following command and post back the results. Link in my signature if you need it.

df -h

Are you using the same USB cable?

Ok,

I want to do it right. I will flash the receivers with the newest OpenVIX. I will set it up and connect the hdd to it. I will initiate it and I will telnet this command to it. I should be back with the result in the next 30 minutes.

xawoger
30-12-16, 20:06
The result of the command is:

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi0:rootfs 434.9M 106.1M 328.8M 24% /
devtmpfs 121.7M 4.0K 121.6M 0% /dev
tmpfs 64.0K 0 64.0K 0% /media
tmpfs 121.8M 1.2M 120.6M 1% /var/volatile
/dev/sda1 297.9G 1.5M 296.9G 0% /media/hdd

I am using different usb cables with each hdd.

How to force OpenVix to log everything what happens on receiver?

abu baniaz
30-12-16, 20:08
Connect the HDD with the receiver switched off. You must "shutdown", "shut down" or "deep sleep" your receiver first.

You do not need to initialise/format the HDD.

abu baniaz
30-12-16, 20:11
I posted before seeing your reply.

Your storage device is mounted as /HDD. Leave it as it, do not alter anything. Try a recording and see if it is OK.

You can enable debug logs in the logs menu/

xawoger
30-12-16, 20:13
Connect the HDD with the receiver switched off. You must "shutdown", "shut down" or "deep sleep" your receiver first.

You do not need to initialise/format the HDD.

Ok I have done it the way you have suggested. What's next?

abu baniaz
30-12-16, 20:16
Ok I have done it the way you have suggested. What's next?
Post 11 says try a recording and see if it is fine.

Enable debug logs, leave on flash memory and see what happens. Upload the debug logs if/when there is a problem.

xawoger
30-12-16, 20:21
Post 11 says try a recording and see if it is fine.

Enable debug logs, leave on flash memory and see what happens. Upload the debug logs if/when there is a problem.

Ok, sorry I haven't seen your previous post. Everything is set up and ready. I will post here if it will show errors. Thank you.

xawoger
24-01-17, 14:57
Ok, the problem happened again and I would like you to have a look on an attached log file.

ifearnobeer
25-01-17, 19:24
I had the same problem with my os mini,i kept having to re-initialise my hdd.I think it was something to do with auto downloading of epg,so i fitted a usb stick for the epg downloads and all is now ok.

Andy_Hazza
25-01-17, 20:13
EPG is fine on a HDD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk