PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] solo corrupted EPG?

olly
29-12-16, 17:55
Thought I better start my own thread rather than jumping on someone else's old one.

My own vu solo is still working fine on Apollo build 153,with no issues, but my family's vu solo which I flashed everything off my vu solo via image manager accept cam details has gone wrong yet again,probably a month after a reflash.
I do not understand why he keeps loosing EPG info as its all setup the same as my own vu solo. Only difference is his using a 2gb Integral USB stick where as I use a 8gb Integral.
Also Vix icon can spin very slowly at times which results in pulling the plug,as it just does not cone out of this state.

Would the internet router cause any issues? I use crossepg that gets it from a radio channel via satellite if I am correct? I'm really stuck as to why this keeps happening,but only on the family's vu and not my own i get this problem.Its really annoying as its me whom has to keep sorting it out. Any ideas what this issue can be.Its been almost like this from day one of owning the vu solo that was from the site sponsor,so I know its a gen box.
Cheers

Larry-G
29-12-16, 17:58
CrossEPG on this receiver pretty much paralizes it, this is pretty much the only instance where I would recommend using a swap file and maybe try the cache flush plugin (but only if and I do mean only if the swap file is inaffective).

olly
29-12-16, 20:47
Hi it did have a 256mb I think it was or 512mb swapfile,but still the issue.
So download cache flush plugin from vix,but how often do you run it,to actually prevent it before it happens?
Cheers

Andy_Hazza
29-12-16, 20:58
Feeds won't be available for Apollo I don't think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olly
30-12-16, 12:31
so i guess it makes the box a bit useless....i know its a dated box now, or can another build of vix work stable on it also.
cheers again

Larry-G
30-12-16, 12:43
so i guess it makes the box a bit useless....i know its a dated box now, or can another build of vix work stable on it also.
cheers again

Well the solo has been discontinued for support from the ViX team so you won't ever get a official ViX image with feeds again, although it does not prevent you from installing plugins you find else where.

Andy_Hazza
30-12-16, 19:12
3.2.037 should still have feeds I think. Get here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/vu-plus-images/vu-solo/

Rob van der Does
01-01-17, 08:02
I've never heard of the Solo having memory leaks, so 'CacheFlush' won't do any good.
And Cross auto-initiates a swap-file when required (provided a suitable storage device is present), so using a fixed swap file is not likely to help either.

Having said that: I have no idea why the Solo would not be able to use Cross while it did before.

Andy_Hazza
01-01-17, 09:58
Unfortunately the Vu+ Solo does need a swap file, has needed one for a while now, the receiver just can't cope without one. I always set up a 256mb swap file to a usb flash drive.

Rob van der Does
01-01-17, 10:13
Just a thought: I use Cross all the time, and I noticed that the Cross database grows significantly over time. I sometimes simply delete the complete Cross-folder, before doing a Cross download, and that seems to speed up the process. Maybe it's an idea for OP to try this?

IAmATeaf
02-01-17, 20:16
It's also worth checking that the epg is set to store data on the USB else it will be saving to flash which might also cause issues.

olly
03-01-17, 20:43
Just a thought: I use Cross all the time, and I noticed that the Cross database grows significantly over time. I sometimes simply delete the complete Cross-folder, before doing a Cross download, and that seems to speed up the process. Maybe it's an idea for OP to try this?
I might try this,but how should I access the cross folder by firezilla and delete it then redownload cross EPG. Thing is if that's the only way,then as its a family member and clueless to all things pc/media etc I cannot pop round all the time to do this. ?
So shall I remove cacheflush that I had a .rar copy of too?

On another note my vu solo is also on the same build,and has been working faultlessly, until I thought I would change some settings like on screen EPG fade out and a extra 5 secs on the second detailed onscreen epg,now after reboot I just get spinning vix even tho I have the picture back on screen. Left it all day,still spinning.Very touchy these solo's and got to the stage where I do not want to mess with any settings on it anymore.As you can see I wish I hadn't!

Rob van der Does
03-01-17, 21:06
You can delete the folder via Windows explorer or any FTP-program or via the plugin DreamExplorer.
I would de-install CacheFlush.