PDA

View Full Version : Unicable LNB setup help

Tangfolio
29-12-16, 12:04
Just put up a unicable LNB but when I come to set it up and reading other info on here I find I have bought a Unicable I LNB.
The openvix tuner setup does not have the exact model of inverto LNB listed and still shows extra tuners C to H but the LNB only has four output frequencies and there is no option to disable F, G & H.
Will it cause any problems leaving F, G & H set on duplicate frequencies to other tuners?
I am using tuner B for a motor dish.

abu baniaz
29-12-16, 17:25
Leave the other "virtual tuners" on FBC automatic loop through. Giving them a frequency that clashes with another is not a good idea.

What is the exact model number? Until it is added you can use the custom values, which you will obviously have to get from the manual/datasheet.

Tangfolio
29-12-16, 18:15
It's a Inverto IDLB QUDL42 UNI2L 0PP, having trouble finding a data sheet, search engines keep changing the model number to get results, all that came with it was a list of the four frequencies it uses, a couple of the vix tuner option numbers were close, I think one was for something like an Inverto IDLB QUDL42 UNI2L 1PP, which I selected.
Don't recall seeing an option for custom values, might not be back home until late to check.

abu baniaz
29-12-16, 18:23
The differences between the ...0PP and ..1PP is that one comes with the splitter supplied and the other does not. They are the same.

Tangfolio
30-12-16, 10:27
Thanks for the help and info.
All seems to be working OK, got four recordings running last night (with B tuner set as 'not configured') and it was letting me view some other channels at the same time, though not all the ones I tried.

abu baniaz
30-12-16, 11:36
If you have a splitter, you would be better off connecting wires to Tuner A and B. You then have two physical tuners for processes like CrossEPG and AutoBouquetsMaker which require sole access to a real tuner.

Vu drivers also insist you "connect" in a particular order for the "virtual' tuners. You must connect to previous virtual tuner. Connecting all virtual tuners to real tuner does not work.

abu baniaz
30-12-16, 11:47
if you don't have a splitter, tuners must be "connected" in the following manner:

C to A
D to C
E to D

This is as per instructions of Vu developers. Common sense suggests they were "connecting" to A, but that won't work.

I have used "connect" to signify the feature in unicable tuner configuration, not the real life meaning of connecting a wire. Hope that helps.

EDIT 05 Sept 2018:
This post was made for the Solo4k when it had a driver issue. The above no longer applies.
When selecting connected, you select the tuner with the actual signal wire attached.

C to A
D to A
E to A