PDA

View Full Version : Remote not recognised after update

touriga
27-12-16, 15:22
I have just updated Vix from 3.2 to 4.2 and the system starts fine going straight to the step by step setup. The first screen being the video connection selection.

The problem I have is that my remote is no longer recognised.

A couple of years ago I swopped my Vu+Duo2 remote for my previous remote because some of the buttons on my Vu+Duo2 remote were not very responsive. I had to change the remote code in the setup, but I managed it and have been using it fine ever since.

I have tried both remotes and neither of them are recognised.
Both remotes work fine (except for having to press some of the buttons on the Vu+Duo2 one quite hard). Prior to the update the box was registered to the old Vu+ remote.

It seems that with the update the Vu+Duo2 box is now registered to a remote code that neither of my remotes broadcast.

I have effectively lost all control of my box.

Help!!!!!

Larry-G
27-12-16, 15:24
Just reprograme the remote it self. It's a easy 2 minute job and the instructions are on this site.

touriga
27-12-16, 15:38
Update. I managed to get control back. I updated the Vu+Duo2 remote using the following instructions:

You can change the system code of your Vu+ universal remote according to the Vu+ model that you want to control.

Mode1: Duo/Solo
Mode2: Uno/Duo2/Solo2
Mode3&4: For future usages

Press <<2+7>>, <Help>, <0001 or 0002 or 0003 or 0004>

1. Press 2 and 7 for three seconds until LED is on.
2. Press Help
3. Press 0001 for mode 1, 0002 for mode 2.

Hope this helps others

touriga
27-12-16, 15:42
Thanks. Now I just have to remember how I changed my remote controls. Hopefully that should not be a problem.

touriga
27-12-16, 15:44
got it! Thanks Larry-G