PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new box, HELP please.

Mathz
26-12-16, 13:30
Hi guys, hope everyone had a good Christmas, I'm looking to upgrade my vu duo which has served well over the last 3 years, I use mainly for sd channels and fta hd channels. Imy looking at either the mutant 4k of the new vu uno 4k as it has full kodi feature, the specs are decent on both boxes but I would like to know what you think? Which would be the better buy? Thanks in advance.

Andy_Hazza
26-12-16, 13:51
Hi guys, hope everyone had a good Christmas, I'm looking to upgrade my vu duo which has served well over the last 3 years, I use mainly for sd channels and fta hd channels. Imy looking at either the mutant 4k of the new vu uno 4k as it has full kodi feature, the specs are decent on both boxes but I would like to know what you think? Which would be the better buy? Thanks in advance.

Is an Internal HDD something you require?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mathz
26-12-16, 13:58
Yes ideally, I know the uno will take anote external hdd but can you record on it?

dlmlus
26-12-16, 14:01
Andy
I have the same ? as the original post, (cable usage for me) mainly. Though the Mutant has both tuners.
Although the VU+Uno has the fbctuner
For me a internal HDD would be nice but not a must have.
I used to use a VU+Uno purchased from our sponsors, And still think it was a great box.
At the moment i,m using a Tecnomate 3T.
Is the mutant on a par with the Uno, Overall.
Cheers

Andy_Hazza
26-12-16, 14:05
Yes ideally, I know the uno will take anote external hdd but can you record on it?

Yeah you can record to an external hdd, you can even buy a 128gb sandisk ultra usb flash drives nowadays. It all depends what you require. I do prefer my Vu+ receivers, and I've played about with a friend's Vu+ Uno 4K and was impressed.

Mathz
26-12-16, 14:18
Thanks for the replies, I have a 4k uhd TV and use kodi, and iptv which you can add to the bouquets which is great, and I can record on the uno 4k? This might be the one then, I do like the vu receivers too seem to be built really well.

Andy_Hazza
26-12-16, 14:28
Yeah you can record on the Vu+ Uno 4K. Keep it in the family and stay with the Vu+ brand. [emoji4]

Mathz
26-12-16, 14:57
Sweet going to order as wos are open on the 28th for dispatch��