PDA

View Full Version : Mut@nt HD51 4K

tomsta79
26-12-16, 10:25
lads was thinking of buying Mut@nt HD51 4K but read a few bad comments what do yous think ?

john doe
26-12-16, 11:55
what are the bad comments?

tomsta79
26-12-16, 17:43
heres one john bad as well>>>
Just settling in with a glass of baileys watching strictly with the Mrs ( not my idea I promise) and mine initially turned itself off then caught fire. I ran over and unplugged the thing right away. Good job I was in the house at the time cos god knows what would have happened. Just hope the hard drive

tomsta79
26-12-16, 17:48
heres another>>>
only had my box for about 2 weeks and keeps crashing<<< and one saying stuck on standby only looking for advice on what box to buy m8

Mr. Mister
26-12-16, 17:49
We do not know the cuase of this users problems..
Most likely bad cabling.. ( Nothing to do with receiver.. )
Can not be put down to the receiver until such times as the seller can verify the problem..

twol
26-12-16, 17:50
heres one john bad as well>>>
Just settling in with a glass of baileys watching strictly with the Mrs ( not my idea I promise) and mine initially turned itself off then caught fire. I ran over and unplugged the thing right away. Good job I was in the house at the time cos god knows what would have happened. Just hope the hard drive

Tuners ...... Samsung ... probably used by most of the industry - issues could have been caused by a short or just faulty components (produced by Samsung) in the tuners..... BUT ... (as much as I dislike Samsung), ALL company's can suffer from failures:):)

twol
26-12-16, 17:58
heres another>>>
only had my box for about 2 weeks and keeps crashing<<< and one saying stuck on standby only looking for advice on what box to buy m8
Go buy something else then.
I run my own builds and have changes to the ViX code - I have crashed (because of my changes) and powered off many times, with probably reboots heading towards a 100 plus. I might not like the looks or remote :) but the box has been and still is rock solid.
If you want to refer to issues, then point to them so people know what you are talking about and dont repeat statements without any other information.

liverpoolee
26-12-16, 18:05
As regards my quoted problem above which I can't comment on now cos the threads been closed.

The box itself is superb I just had a faulty tuner that's all. The tuner is fitted as requested by the buyer and shouldn't put you off buying the box.
Probably one in 10,000-100,000 tuners might be faulty. I was just unlucky.

Mr. Mister
26-12-16, 18:21
Thread closed as this is nothing more than speculation.. same as the other thread..