PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Ultimo4K Tested for You !!! by Evo

bassethound
25-12-16, 15:57
Vu+ Ultimo4K Tested for You !!! by Evo thanks Bud :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lots of pics in the pdf

DaMacFunkin
25-12-16, 22:05
Is it worth loading black hole? Surely vix is nearly ready, nudge nudge.

Rob van der Does
26-12-16, 05:36
Am I correct in understanding that this 'Best imaginable HD receiver' only has the standard simple VU R/C that lacks a button for ''HDMI-in' and still has no Info-button?

el bandido
26-12-16, 06:36
The old kernel version and a few other things have kept me from buying this 'Best imaginable HD receiver'. The kernel version is about the same as my Duo2.

Rob van der Does
26-12-16, 07:01
Well, what's the disadvantage of an older kernel for a STB?
They tend to have less bugs then new kernels, and are still being maintained (bug fixes).

I can only think of one possible disadvantage, and that's when using USB-devices that need a driver, and then only when drivers for older kernels are not available. But it's generally not a good idea to use such a device at all.

Trial
26-12-16, 08:41
Hi,
'Best imaginable HD receiver' is a bit to much. For sure it is at the moment the best on the market. I have some points that would made the box better:-)

Ralf

Ev0
26-12-16, 11:30
Am I correct in understanding that this 'Best imaginable HD receiver' only has the standard simple VU R/C that lacks a button for ''HDMI-in' and still has no Info-button?

Yes you are correct, however thats not really part of the receiver is it, it's the remote control.

Also vu+ have tried to replace the original remote twice in the past, and both attempts we ended up with something not as good as the original, so I guess they just stuck with what they know the customers like.

Rob van der Does
26-12-16, 12:04
Yes you are correct, however thats not really part of the receiver is it, it's the remote control.
Well, the R/C is an essential part of any device; especially when device has no local buttons.
And more important: the 2 functions I mentioned can't be used by any R/C, as there is no driver support for them. What's in the manual about how to show HDMI-in contents and how to record from it?

And indeed: previous R/C 'updates' by VU weren't very successful. Partly because of driver issues (and after all these years they still exist in the R/C area), partly because their R/C with keyboard lacked a touch-pad.