PDA

View Full Version : Alternative (RCU) Remote Control for Mutant HD51 ???

nileshpateluk
25-12-16, 13:51
Hi,

As most of you maybe aware, the remote that comes with this receiver is not the greatest.

Therefore, I am looking to use a previous VU+ remote.

The remote is like this one : http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/image/data/VU/VU-DUO2-REMOTE-2.jpg

I have tried to set Openvix (Latest release) input devices to Vu+ and then tried to use the Vu+ remote option, but does not seem to work.

I have tried all four codes on the remote for setup (0001, 0002, 0003 & 0004) using 2 +7 key together then press the HELP key, then input one of the codes.

Can't get it to work either.

I would appreciate it, if anyone on this forum has solved this issue.

Thanks in advance for all help.

Nilesh.

Andy_Hazza
25-12-16, 13:58
You would need the original Duo/Solo remote to get it to work with the Mut@nt. I had no joy with the Duo2, Solo2 remote etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nileshpateluk
25-12-16, 14:02
You would need the original Duo/Solo remote to get it to work with the Mut@nt. I had no joy with the Duo2, Solo2 remote etc.

The Duo2 remote is a lot nicer that the original duo remote, There must be a way to get it to work.

Thanks for the reply.

bellejt
25-12-16, 14:24
but much crappier.Maybe a logitech remote.I bought 2 logitech 650 remotes and working superfine on the vu boxes.

Cirrus
26-09-17, 17:06
Sorry to resurect this thread, but does anyone know if the Harmony 350 will work with this box? Took delivery of the HD51 today and found the remote terrible (yes I was warned that it was not so good).

Trial
27-09-17, 08:53
Hi,
perhaps the remote of the Duo2 works if you set it up to remote code 1 as default is 2 and for Solo/Duo default is 1.

ciao

Andy_Hazza
27-09-17, 22:15
Hi,
perhaps the remote of the Duo2 works if you set it up to remote code 1 as default is 2 and for Solo/Duo default is 1.

ciao

No it doesn’t unfortunately.

cachaciero
23-10-19, 11:29
So given that the remote was known to be crap and arguably unfit for purpose what is WoS doing about it what is the definitive solution?. I purchased an HD51 fro WoS about 18 months ago and have been living with it for a while, however SWMBO is about ready to throw it through the window!!!. I should have sent it back or complained at the time, I didn't. So far not impressed trying to deal with a so called support website which keeps jumping due to WoS advertising frames is also an annoyance.

Andy_Hazza
23-10-19, 15:21
So given that the remote was known to be crap and arguably unfit for purpose what is WoS doing about it what is the definitive solution?. I purchased an HD51 fro WoS about 18 months ago and have been living with it for a while, however SWMBO is about ready to throw it through the window!!!. I should have sent it back or complained at the time, I didn't. So far not impressed trying to deal with a so called support website which keeps jumping due to WoS advertising frames is also an annoyance.

Not WoS fault, contact the manufacturer of your “displeasure”. [emoji1360]

Sicilian
23-10-19, 16:46

Whats wrong with the HD51 remote? I've always found it a reliable remote, also what advertising frames on what site?