PDA

View Full Version : Timeshift questions

chumley
24-12-16, 19:44
Hi,

Is it possible to watch a channel in timeshift, then set the box to record the event (including the timeshift) and then change channel?

I don't seem able to do so, which makes me think I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

chumley
27-12-16, 12:52
Merry Christmas! and a bump for the post Christmas readers

Bangord30
27-12-16, 14:42
If you press red record button on the prog to record plus Timeshift? Then use tuner b to watch your other channel?

dsayers
27-12-16, 14:47
If you're already in timeshift rewind back to the start then press record.

Larry-G
27-12-16, 15:08
If you're already in timeshift rewind back to the start then press record.

No need to do that. Just press the record button while in time shift and choose the option relevant to you. As long as you have not changed Chanel it will save the entire time shift for movie or programme you want to record. You should then be able to switch to another channel while it continues to record your choice.

dsayers
27-12-16, 15:12
I didn't notice that when I tried it it recorded from when I pressed record and saved the timeshift separately till I pressed record. So how would you have it in one file?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Larry-G
27-12-16, 15:16
I didn't notice that when I tried it it recorded from when I pressed record and saved the timeshift separately till I pressed record. So how would you have it in one file?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

You should get multiple options when you hit the record button, one of which will save the time shift and continue until the end of the programme or movie you requested. As how how you would get one single file, timeshift is no different to a regular recording the image will work out where the movie or tv show started and cut every thing from before that then continue to record until the end in a single recording. Or that's how it should work and did the last time I used it a few years ago.

chumley
28-12-16, 12:20
I'm not sure it's working as expected - I have tried the two timeshift save options (from the record button - end of current event / select event) and they both don't produce recordings! can somebody else test this (I might be doing something stupid)

My Timeshift Settings are in the attached screenshot

If I change "Timeshift-save action on zap" to ask user then I do get timeshift saving (by the prompt that comes if I change channel) but then I get that annoying prompt every time I change channel in Timeshift (it's rare that I would want to record)

Are these two places (Record Button and Asking User on Zap) for Timeshift recording in conflict with each other?

Bangord30
28-12-16, 13:23
Have to say I was playing about with it yesterday and couldn't fathom it out either!

Larry-G
29-12-16, 09:22
Best report it to the team then lads, I no longer have the ability to directly open bug reports. So it's pretty much a matter of reporting it and hoping some one takes it up for you.

plus it has been over a year since I really bothered going into the menus on ViX so it may have changed since I last used it.