PDA

View Full Version : New Uno 4K

BestDecoder
24-12-16, 14:35
No I'm not using a motorised dish it's Disqet or however you spell it. Strange how you can download certain OFFICIAL plugins and then get no support what so ever. Suppose I'll have to send it back as "not fit for purpose" then? What a dissappointment having spent all that money. Thanks.

Larry-G
24-12-16, 14:38
99.999 percent of the time it's not the receiver at fault but the user who does not understand how to use it properly. They are not magical plug and play receivers, you the user must accept some responsibility on how to set the thing up and maintain it afterwards.

Larry-G
24-12-16, 14:41
As for OFFICIAL apps if you mean softcams as in your other post then that is and always has been a big grey area touching on illegal in most cases. Until very recently they were not even hosted on the image plugin feeds for this very reason(still would not be if it were upto me).

There are plenty of other less scrupulous forums who will allow you to go into great detail with regard to softcams that you simply wont or cant here.

BestDecoder
24-12-16, 14:57
Hi Larry-G Many thanks for your reply - but that's just my point that if nobody will offer help/advice how on earth am I/we going to learn anything? I don't wish to go to the "other" sites you mention for fear of screwing the box up completely. Strange how on the Solo 4K side somebody mentioned Oscam (which we ALL know is used for *%$ purposes!!) and yet he got answered rather than shot down in flames. So let me put it this way (and hope this doesn't break any rules - which is not my intention) can anybody please explain why my Oscam keeps resetting itself please - making the receiver unuseable/unwatchable? If this isn't allowed please delete this post and I'll go back to having a £300 + door stop as I've gone back to my Solo2 and certainly wouldn't recommend this particular Uno 4K. Thanks again for replying and I certainly hope I'm not breaking any rules.

Larry-G
24-12-16, 15:05
Hi Larry-G Many thanks for your reply - but that's just my point that if nobody will offer help/advice how on earth am I/we going to learn anything? I don't wish to go to the "other" sites you mention for fear of screwing the box up completely. Strange how on the Solo 4K side somebody mentioned Oscam (which we ALL know is used for *%$ purposes!!) and yet he got answered rather than shot down in flames. So let me put it this way (and hope this doesn't break any rules - which is not my intention) can anybody please explain why my Oscam keeps resetting itself please - making the receiver unuseable/unwatchable? If this isn't allowed please delete this post and I'll go back to having a £300 + door stop as I've gone back to my Solo2 and certainly wouldn't recommend this particular Uno 4K. Thanks again for replying and I certainly hope I'm not breaking any rules.

I know sweet FA about oscam mate but in general you wont get much in the way of help on this forum to set it up softcam wise (It just always been that way) so you will most likely have to go to another forum for help with that. sorry.

Don't worry about screwing the box up, barring flashing the wrong bootloader there is very little you could do that can cause actual harm to it, just make sure you get in the habit of making backups. and as for deleting your post I could not if I wanted to mate (and I don't want to) I am no one on here just a bystander.

Some times simply making a post even when it can't help the user directly, indirectly helps to alleviate their fears (some thing I fear has been long forgotten on this forum).

abu baniaz
24-12-16, 15:17
Which oscam are you using? Type and number please.

BestDecoder
24-12-16, 15:41

Hi Abu It's the latest my the plugin downloads Oscam latest - will post number in few minutes as I've gone back to Solo2 and family are in middle of film!!!! Thanks for replying

bassethound
24-12-16, 15:54
It dont help that so many sat virgins first box is a brand new box tht is new to the market that will still need a few weeks of driver updates before all problems are fixed.

new sat virgins owners get a simple box to learn on before buying top of the range box's that is aimed at the seasoned sat hobbyist and not the everyday user.

BestDecoder
24-12-16, 16:11

Sorry about delay

Oscam Version: 1.20 - unstable_svnbuildr11279

Many thanks

BestDecoder
24-12-16, 16:20
It dont help that so many sat virgins first box is a brand new box tht is new to the market that will still need a few weeks of driver updates before all problems are fixed.

new sat virgins owners get a simple box to learn on before buying top of the range box's that is aimed at the seasoned sat hobbyist and not the everyday user.

Hi bassethound Is that directed at me? FYI I've been "playing" around with sat boxes for the last 20 years - from Dreambox 800hd and 800hd se along with numerous other makes - but it doesn't make me an expert or have full knowledge of programming. Why should I not have the right to buy a new fully updated box - I've also got a Solo2 and Zero box in bedroom/motorhome but when you read on forums they say Oscam is the most difficult to use/setup so without "expert" tution how will we get anywhere? Maybe it would be better to use your enthusiasm in helping rather than trying to ridicule people who are trying to get to grips with new technology. Thanks

ronand
24-12-16, 16:47
If you have a legit card for your receiver you will get help - if you don't have one then forget it. Don't throw all the toys out at once.

abu baniaz
24-12-16, 17:22
I think 11279 had an issue. Uninstall that one and try a more recent build of oscam.

For softcams to work in OpenViX, transfer to /usr/softcams/, chmod 755
They'll be available to start in softcam manager. There is a restriction on characters in names, cant remember exactly what though.

bassethound
24-12-16, 21:06
Hi bassethound Is that directed at me? FYI I've been "playing" around with sat boxes for the last 20 years - from Dreambox 800hd and 800hd se along with numerous other makes - but it doesn't make me an expert or have full knowledge of programming. Why should I not have the right to buy a new fully updated box - I've also got a Solo2 and Zero box in bedroom/motorhome but when you read on forums they say Oscam is the most difficult to use/setup so without "expert" tution how will we get anywhere? Maybe it would be better to use your enthusiasm in helping rather than trying to ridicule people who are trying to get to grips with new technology. Thanks

I don't ridicule people i have been on here for years helping people just pointing out the pitfalls of not knowing how things work before a purchase.

DaMacFunkin
24-12-16, 23:36
I don't ridicule people i have been on here for years helping people just pointing out the pitfalls of not knowing how things work before a purchase.
To the poster who is having a go at people for not helping him with Oscam, claiming that all people use it for card sharing, they don't a lot of people use it with legit cards or subscriptions instead of using official cam's that may only be supported in certain receivers...
Having said that, the members on this forum that do use it for cs have gained their information from other forums, there are loads out there.
The reason i have quoted mr basset hound is i had been trying to understand Oscam for a long time with not much luck, then about 18 months ago he posted some basic configs and everything pinged to life and i have been eternally grateful, then with no real help from anybody else i have learned a lot of about how it works by tweaking and trying through the web-if.
Search for bassethound oscam config, read the post and the post it links too.
Start using Oscam with his bascic config's, then come back and thank him, it really is that simple.

Rob van der Does
25-12-16, 05:18
No I'm not using a motorised dish it's Disqet or however you spell it. Strange how you can download certain OFFICIAL plugins and then get no support what so ever. Suppose I'll have to send it back as "not fit for purpose" then? What a dissappointment having spent all that money. Thanks.
I was about to reply that we have no clue what you're talking about; post #1 and no issue is being mentioned at all. But in the next posts it became clear that all there was to it was a not working Oscam.
So you buy a box that just hit the market, claim that softcams are only being used for illegal purposes (which is absolutely untrue), want to return the box just because of a failing softcam, you're afraid to break the box by using help for this from 'other forums', and still you claim to have years of experience with Enigma boxes?
You lost me.....

Just fix this minor issue, be glad with the help you get and have a merry Christmas :thumbsup:

Larry-G
25-12-16, 08:39

Brian was not ridiculing you, in fact brian is one of the original ViX members and a former member of staff here (he is one of the very few people who were here before even I was), if it were not for people like him who spent tens of hundreds of hours testing images you would not have a ViX image to use at all.

Huevos
25-12-16, 09:14
You lost me.....Rob, the problem is that currently the only softcam available on OpenViX feeds for ARM architecture is OScam and for someone that has never used it before setting it up is daunting.

s2tephen
25-12-16, 09:46
Its Christmas lighten up everybody and enjoy the day.

Merry Christmas to all.

Rob van der Does
25-12-16, 10:04
Rob, the problem is that currently the only softcam available on OpenViX feeds for ARM architecture is OScam and for someone that has never used it before setting it up is daunting.
Very well possible, but post #1 never mentioned any specific issue, only disappointment.
And even running into just one 'daunting' issue surely can't be a reason to give up for someone who has years of experience? Asking for help would seem more appropriate.

BestDecoder
25-12-16, 18:50
I think 11279 had an issue. Uninstall that one and try a more recent build of oscam.

For softcams to work in OpenViX, transfer to /usr/softcams/, chmod 755
They'll be available to start in softcam manager. There is a restriction on characters in names, cant remember exactly what though.

Hi abu Very many thanks for this - that's exactly what I was requesting. All up and running now so will be able to further my knowledge. Very best wishes and Happy New Year

BestDecoder
25-12-16, 18:54
Rob, the problem is that currently the only softcam available on OpenViX feeds for ARM architecture is OScam and for someone that has never used it before setting it up is daunting.

Thank you Huevos that was exactly the point I was trying to make. abu has sorted for me and we are now up and running - how was I to know the version I downloaded from software was duff!!!! :confused:

BestDecoder
25-12-16, 18:55

Thank you Huevos that was exactly the point I was trying to make. abu has sorted for me and we are now up and running - how was I to know the version I downloaded from software was duff!!!! :confused:

abu baniaz
25-12-16, 18:58
Glad you are sorted.

Just like to add to the thread that Bassethound has been and continues to be a great help on the forum. Pretty sure one of my first posts here when I got my TM800HD were resolved by him.

I hope any disharmony is left in the past.

BestDecoder
25-12-16, 19:06
To ALL Glad to say abu has sorted me out now. Apologies to anyone who was offended/upset by my posts but it seemed most were "having a go at me" for not being an expert and not knowing everything there was about the new box I'd bought. Yes I have been "playing around" with sat boxes for a very long time but sorry all that doesn't make me an expert as far as I'm concerned - maybe you all feel different - I'm nearly 70 years young and new technology takes that little bit longer to sink in - if it ever does!!!! :D :D
The very best of wishes to everyone and I hope you enjoy what's left of Xmas and have a briiliant New Year
Thank again to ALL :) :)

Andy_Hazza
25-12-16, 19:36
Glad you got sorted in the end. Merry Christmas and Happy Uno 4K(ay)ing. [emoji1392]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fether
29-12-16, 21:08
hi guys can i just ask i was thinking ov getting 1 ov these box'es

is it true you can record and stream up to 8 channels at the same time ?? if so do's it work well on cable ?

and can you still use mgcamd on theses box'es ??

regards

fether

Andy_Hazza
29-12-16, 21:29

is it true you can record and stream up to 8 channels at the same time ?? if so do's it work well on cable ?

regards

fether

Yes you can, but you need to learn Oscam as its an ARM chip receiver.

fether
29-12-16, 21:46
never used oscam it there any tutorials

regards

fether

Andy_Hazza
29-12-16, 21:52
Google or take a look at this thread >> Help with Oscam setup for cable

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eworld-of-satellite%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D38476&share_tid=38476&share_fid=12108&share_type=t

fether
29-12-16, 21:53
thanx pal

regards

fether

0jjones
29-12-16, 22:20
i agree, I also know sweet fa about oscam and have bought one of these. I am a big fan of these vu boxes but it is hard to set something up that you have never used before. I have searched other forums for over 6 hours getting conflicting and confusing information in how to configure it. if anyone would like to help me configure mine it would be much appritiated, if not mine will be going back as it is not fit for purpose.

Andy_Hazza
29-12-16, 22:24
You can't say its not fit for purpose cos of the softcam, thats piss poor excuse imo. You need to learn Oscam, its the way forward. Its the only softcam that is constantly being regularly updated and maintained.

Donnie
29-12-16, 23:00

regards

fether

I could be wrong but oscam/enigma2 is limited to decoding 7 channels at anyone time.

Larry-G
29-12-16, 23:25
i agree, I also know sweet fa about oscam and have bought one of these. I am a big fan of these vu boxes but it is hard to set something up that you have never used before. I have searched other forums for over 6 hours getting conflicting and confusing information in how to configure it. if anyone would like to help me configure mine it would be much appritiated, if not mine will be going back as it is not fit for purpose.

Your inability to configure the receiver properly does not mean it is not fit for purpose and for you to even consider returning it under those conditions is clearly a abuse of trading standards rules.

ronand
30-12-16, 00:19
A lot of toys getting thrown out of prams by grown men lately.

Rob van der Does
30-12-16, 05:36
Your inability to configure the receiver properly does not mean it is not fit for purpose .....
Correct: it means the user isn't fit for purpose....
And besides: this is exactly one of the things that a short web-search would have brought up before deciding to buy such the box, so one could/should have taken that into consideration.

PS: E2 has no limitation on decrypting via a softcam. The reason is that E2 is hardly (or even not at all?) involved in this process. It's the hardware (and that includes drivers) that takes care of the complete decryption-process.

Larry-G
30-12-16, 08:02
Correct: it means the user isn't fit for purpose....

exactly .

BestDecoder
04-01-17, 23:02

Are you "up & running" yet oj? If not contact me off list as we are not allowed to discuss much about this side of the box here. Make sure you download the file that Abu kindly posted here for me.

Rob van der Does
05-01-17, 06:10
Are you "up & running" yet oj? If not contact me off list as we are not allowed to discuss much about this side of the box here. Make sure you download the file that Abu kindly posted here for me.
Plenty of information is available on this forum. 'Things' that are not allowed on the forum are not allowed in PM either!

BestDecoder
06-01-17, 18:59
Plenty of information is available on this forum. 'Things' that are not allowed on the forum are not allowed in PM either!

Oh dear oh dear - one can't even offer help to a fellow sat enthusiasts in trouble - what a strange place this is. He quoted he had spent over six hours and was still in trouble trying to sort Oscam and being a "total sat virgin" myself and having sorted mine I thought I was doing the right thing. Maybe we need to find different boxes with more support as I still can't get my head around the fact you can download Oscam from the software loaded in the purchased box by the supplier and then get no backup. If it's all that illegal why is it available in the first place? Also we have quotes about doing nothing illegal by people purchasing these types of boxes but again why would you want to spend £200+ on a box and then put an official card in it when the card supplier gives you a FREE box with the card!!!! Maybe I just need to go and lie down in a dark room as none of this makes much sense to me - but then maybe I'm just thicker than most :thumbsup:
No doubt the snide remakes about me will start again and no I haven't/am not chucking any toys out of my pram - can't afford to as I only have about £800 worth of VU+ toys!!!!!
Best wishes to all :) :)

Rob van der Does
06-01-17, 19:04
First of all: if you find this (i.e. us) such a strange place: you don't have to be here ;)
Secondly: not sure what you mean, but I run my STB with an official card, just because an (any) E2 box offers so much more functionality then any 'official' box ever will.

BestDecoder
06-01-17, 19:13

So without breaking any rules here what exactly is or is not happening with your box oj? Did you use the file and follow the instructions that Abu posted to me as the Oscam you download from the supplied software is unstable (which we are all meant to know!!!)? What have you done to try and get it up and running please? Have you any other VU+ boxes that you have "up and running" or is this your first VU+ box? Best wishes

dlmlus
06-01-17, 19:20
I understand where you are coming from BestDecoder, I also understand what Rob van der Does means( even though it sounded a bit harsh to me).
Having said that are customers of sky/vm and others allowed to place official cards in non official decoders.
I really don,t know, Now waiting to get shot down. lol

BestDecoder
06-01-17, 19:21
First of all: if you find this (i.e. us) such a strange place: you don't have to be here ;)
Secondly: not sure what you mean, but I run my STB with an official card, just because an (any) E2 box offers so much more functionality then any 'official' box ever will.

Hi Rob Thanks for reply Sorry to be so thick but surely you pay a subscription and get a free box so that you can sit/record and watch whatever program/s you want - I can't see why anybody would then go out and buy an expensive box when the free one supplied will do everything your expensive box does and possibly even more unstable if these Cams are anything to go by. Hope I've explained my thoughts more clearly?

Andy_Hazza
06-01-17, 19:35
Hi Rob Thanks for reply Sorry to be so thick but surely you pay a subscription and get a free box so that you can sit/record and watch whatever program/s you want - I can't see why anybody would then go out and buy an expensive box when the free one supplied will do everything your expensive box does and possibly even more unstable if these Cams are anything to go by. Hope I've explained my thoughts more clearly?

Simply put, the official sky receiver is shite. Thats my opinion. I'm a satellite enthusiast who likes to use my official card, in a receiver of my choice and not be forced to have a receiver from Sky. The beauty of E2 is you can modify, change skins, basically run it how you want to run it and not some crappy Sky receiver that can take 30 mins to reboot. Just because its not an official receiver doesn't mean everyone is getting Sky illegal, I for one use Oscam and my official card to view my Sky content.

BestDecoder
06-01-17, 19:52
Simply put, the official sky receiver is shite. Thats my opinion. I'm a satellite enthusiast who likes to use my official card, in a receiver of my choice and not be forced to have a receiver from Sky. The beauty of E2 is you can modify, change skins, basically run it how you want to run it and not some crappy Sky receiver that can take 30 mins to reboot. Just because its not an official receiver doesn't mean everyone is getting Sky illegal, I for one use Oscam and my official card to view my Sky content.

Hi Andy Thanks for reply but are you really telling me you have 4x Sky subscriptions ;) ;) - only going by the amount of boxes you have listed at the bottom of your posts :confused:
Best wishes

Andy_Hazza
06-01-17, 20:08
Nope only one subscription and my Vu+ Ultimo 4K has the Sky card and the other receivers feed off that. [emoji4]

Rob van der Does
06-01-17, 20:32
Simply put, the official sky receiver is shite.
And believe me: the Sky-boxes you have in the UK are at least ten times better then the ones our Dutch provider 'offers' us (and most of the time not even for free either).

Andy_Hazza
06-01-17, 20:43
And believe me: the Sky-boxes you have in the UK are at least ten times better then the ones our Dutch provider 'offers' us (and most of the time not even for free either).

I shudder at the thought. [emoji4]
I watched a programme a couple of weeks ago, Watchdog it was, and the new SkyQ receiver takes 40 to 45 mins to reboot and majority keeps losing connection. That is scandalous don't you think?

Rob van der Does
06-01-17, 21:02
....takes 40 to 45 mins to reboot....
Imagine to have a testbox like that :cool:

BestDecoder
06-01-17, 21:11
Nope only one subscription and my Vu+ Ultimo 4K has the Sky card and the other receivers feed off that. [emoji4]

Hi Andy So FOUR boxes off one subscription ;) ;) hmmmm :thumbsup:
Best wishes

dlmlus
06-01-17, 21:17
The more i read the more i understand, I used to have enthusiasm.
Now have a quiet life.

abu baniaz
06-01-17, 21:30
You can even use a receiver with no tuner.

BestDecoder
06-01-17, 22:24
You can even use a receiver with no tuner.

Hi abu How and why would you want to do that please? How do the programmes tune in then (or is that beyond my poor little brain at this time of night) - or maybe I shouldn't be asking ;) :confused:
Best wishes

abu baniaz
06-01-17, 22:36
Apologies if this incorrect. Your posts seem to suggest you have an agenda. Please spit it out.

To answer your question:
You can have your card in one receiver, and watch the TV from other receivers in the house. You can even watch them on your tablet/phone.

The channels are tuned by the main receiver and transmitted over the network. Hardwired is better than wifi.

You'd do so because you want/need to. You can be watching sports with your friends and your kids watching cartoons in their room and wife watching soaps.

BestDecoder
06-01-17, 23:01
Apologies if this incorrect. Your posts seem to suggest you have an agenda. Please spit it out.

To answer your question:
You can have your card in one receiver, and watch the TV from other receivers in the house. You can even watch them on your tablet/phone.

The channels are tuned by the main receiver and transmitted over the network. Hardwired is better than wifi.

You'd do so because you want/need to. You can be watching sports with your friends and your kids watching cartoons in their room and wife watching soaps.

Hi Abu Thanks for reply. No agenda intended here mate except that I thought c/s was a taboo subject and totally banned on this site but isn't that what's happening? If it is I certainly don't have a problem with it as I don't think Murderoch and his crew should have the total monopoly he has anyway.
Best wishes

judge
06-01-17, 23:14
Hi Abu Thanks for reply. No agenda intended here mate except that I thought c/s was a taboo subject and totally banned on this site but isn't that what's happening? If it is I certainly don't have a problem with it as I don't think Murderoch and his crew should have the total monopoly he has anyway.
Best wishes

Simple answer, if you have a sub, do what you like with it. It's your business.
If you don't have a sub, do what you like, it's your business but no help will be given to provide pay channels you don't pay for.

abu baniaz
06-01-17, 23:17
Best wishes

In the example I posted, all the decryption is done by the main receiver. The host receiver does not do any decryption at all. It just processes the unencrypted video/audio data. There are no cams involved on the other receivers or indeed tablet or phone.

I think you reading too much into things. With Sky, you cannot easily take your card from one receiver and use it in another.

If you have seen a forum rule break, please report it.

Is there anything you want to ask? Within the rules of course.

BestDecoder
06-01-17, 23:32
In the example I posted, all the decryption is done by the main receiver. The host receiver does not do any decryption at all. It just processes the unencrypted video/audio data. There are no cams involved on the other receivers or indeed tablet or phone.

I think you reading too much into things. With Sky, you cannot easily take your card from one receiver and use it in another.

If you have seen a forum rule break, please report it.

Is there anything you want to ask? Within the rules of course.

Hi Abu Very many thanks for clearing that up - no I don't want to report anything as I believe everything to do with these boxes should be openly "up for discussion" and anything that means Murderoch and his crew loose out is brilliant - plus I wouldn't know what to report :) :)
The only thing I would like to know (if allowed please) is where can I obtain a stable version of Oscam for my Solo2 and Zero boxes as everything I download says "unstable" and in fact is!!!! Of course if this isn't allowed please ignore and don't reply - I have gone through the Solo2 forum but can't find the answer.
Very many thanks for everybodies help and the kindness shown. Best wishes to all as I'll not pursue this subject on this thread anymore :thumbsup:

abu baniaz
06-01-17, 23:50
You can download the oscam binaries from link below. Just don't forget to use arm version for the Mutant hd51, mips for the others.

http://download.oscam.cc/

You are indeed right, they are all classified as unstable. A bit like life really.

OSCam: 1.20-unstable_svn Build: r11315 Compiler: arm-linux-gnueabihf

As was posted earlier, there are other forums who have different rules. To protect members, including you, and the forum, our rules are staying the same.

judge
06-01-17, 23:52
The only thing I would like to know (if allowed please) is where can I obtain a stable version of Oscam for my Solo2 and Zero boxes as everything I download says "unstable" and in fact is!!!!
oscam-latest in the image plugin feeds is usually/has always been pretty stable.
Hopefully soon, we will also include basic config files that will work with many cards on install.
For now, you still need to provide your own configs.

Huevos
07-01-17, 01:01
I believe everything to do with these boxes should be openly "up for discussion"The rules are clear. No card sharing talk (either in public forum or via PM). You may not agree with the rules but you agreed to abide by them when you became a member.

DaMacFunkin
07-01-17, 09:11
The rules are clear. No card sharing talk (either in public forum or via PM). You may not agree with the rules but you agreed to abide by them when you became a member.

Agreed, but I think the guy was getting confused about distributing your own subscription around your own house, indeed sky now does this themselves with Sky Q, one card in the main box, distributing to other boxes that don't require a satellite or cable input, this was always a Major selling point for E2 receivers in my opinion and I think answers his main argument, yes Sky can now do this but it can be painfully slow as stated. The best tech costs money, other tech gets given away.
P.s. Try archiving your recordings from a Sky or Virgin Box, good luck.

bassethound
07-01-17, 14:00
Been testing out ncam 1.1 runs just like oscam for the last few days seems more stable than oscam that im using there is a vix armv7 version for 4K boxes i can post a how to if any one wont's to try it not tested on 4K my self

BestDecoder
07-01-17, 14:15
Been testing out ncam 1.1 runs just like oscam for the last few days seems more stable than oscam that im using there is a vix armv7 version for 4K boxes i can post a how to if any one wont's to try it not tested on 4K my self
Many thanks bassethound If you think (being not over confident with programming issues/knowledge) and I could get my head around it I would be up for giving it a go please. Is it more like the old cccam or Mgcamd (hope I'm aloud to mention those without braking rules - if it's naughty could a mod please remove this part of my post) to setup and get going without too much programming knowledge required? Could you please post - if available - the version for my Uno 4K, Solo2 and Zero boxes all running the latest OpenVix versions? Best wishes

twol
07-01-17, 14:19
Apparently same as Oscam with an "n" :)

bassethound
07-01-17, 14:23
ncam 1.1 is just a branch of oscam runs just like oscam just needs a file name change to oscam files to get working so you will still need to know about oscam im afraid but ncam can do so much more that we cant talk about here.

Bangord30
07-01-17, 14:30
What changes required mate if have OScam already running smoothly? Bar downloading the cam...

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk

bassethound
07-01-17, 14:42
Install the ipk bellow first and restart box

Rename the files

oscam.conf to ncam.conf
oscam.server to ncam.server
oscam.user to ncam.user

and any other files you wish to convert and ftp to /etc/tuxbox/config if using Vix overwriting any files then start ncam Vix will say that its unstable and might not start but it does for me

BestDecoder
07-01-17, 15:51
Apparently same as Oscam with an "n" :)

Thanks twol Without wishing to get myself or anyone else in trouble but if it's the same as Oscam but with an "n" why would it be more stable as claimed please? It hurts my little brain cell/s trying to get my head around all this :confused: :( Many thanks

BestDecoder
07-01-17, 15:55
Install the ipk bellow first and restart box

Rename the files

oscam.conf to ncam.conf
oscam.server to ncam.server
oscam.user to ncam.user

and any other files you wish to convert and ftp to /etc/tuxbox/config if using Vix overwriting any files then start ncam Vix will say that its unstable and might not start but it does for me

Thanks mate If I go with this do I have to chmod 755 or is it just "download/restart/and go"!!!! please?

abu baniaz
07-01-17, 16:02
Only the binaries need to have 755 properties. Config files being 644 is fine

bassethound
07-01-17, 16:28
Thanks twol Without wishing to get myself or anyone else in trouble but if it's the same as Oscam but with an "n" why would it be more stable as claimed please? It hurts my little brain cell/s trying to get my head around all this :confused: :( Many thanks

I dont have a 4K box to test but if you try it and you keep have the same problems you know then your config files need tweaking :thumbsup:

BestDecoder
07-01-17, 21:15
I dont have a 4K box to test but if you try it and you keep have the same problems you know then your config files need tweaking :thumbsup:

Thanks mate Trouble is at this stage of my learning curve I haven't a clue what to tweak in the config files for fear of screwing box up (Dreambox fame of error (RO1 was it?) when loading wrong s/w!!!!) and it's very difficult to get that sort of help anywhere that I'd trust but hopefully one day it will all come together better/easier :thumbsup:

bassethound
08-01-17, 13:31
Trouble with Enigma 2 boxes it requires the user to learn some basic skills the more effort you put into it these boxes the more you can get out of them and the more satisfaction you get from doing it.

Always do a backup image and settings before changing anything so if the box bsod you can re-flash the box in mins back to were you were before you screwed the box

and just have fun playing about with our box so you get the best from it:amen:

DaMacFunkin
08-01-17, 14:07
ncam 1.1 is just a branch of oscam runs just like oscam just needs a file name change to oscam files to get working so you will still need to know about oscam im afraid but ncam can do so much more that we cant talk about here.

Wooo intriguing, does it have a specific wiki?

bassethound
08-01-17, 14:22
Not 100% sure this is the original but has all you need as a branch off

https://github.com/javilonas/NCam

Only ncam 1.1 is original any build above this is not from the original team

WebIF port: 8181

DaMacFunkin
09-01-17, 13:49
Not 100% sure this is the original but has all you need as a branch off

https://github.com/javilonas/NCam

Only ncam 1.1 is original any build above this is not from the original team

WebIF port: 8181

I have ncam running, but i can not connect on that webIF port: 8181 so i can't see what extras or changes are possible.

rossi2000
09-01-17, 14:10
if its just the same as Oscam, I could probably build it from source and add to feeds.

bassethound
09-01-17, 14:59
I have ncam running, but i can not connect on that webIF port: 8181 so i can't see what extras or changes are possible.

Just edit ncam.conf on pc or use your ftp program i just changed to 8181 as my osacm use 8888 you can use any port you want best to add a username and password like mine

[global]
nice = -1
logfile = /var/log/oscam.log
clienttimeout = 8000
fallbacktimeout = 2500
clientmaxidle = 120
cachedelay = 120
bindwait = 120
resolvedelay = 30
serialreadertimeout = 1500
maxlogsize = 10
waitforcards = 1
preferlocalcards = 1
saveinithistory = 1
keepalive = 1

[newcamd]
port = 10001@0963:000000
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
mgclient = 1
keepalive = 1

[webif]
httpport = 8181
httpuser = Bassethound
httppwd = 123456
httprefresh = 15
httpshowpicons = 1
httpallowed = 127.0.0.1,192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255,1.1.1.1-255.255.255.255

[dvbapi]
enabled = 1
user = dvbapiuser

[cccam]
port = 12000
version = 2.1.3
build = 3165
reshare = 1

DaMacFunkin
09-01-17, 15:02
I am now in, as far as i can see it has the ability to Stream Relay built in rather than needing patched versions of Oscam.

bassethound
09-01-17, 15:12
I am now in, as far as i can see it has the ability to Stream Relay built in rather than needing patched versions of Oscam.

Yes and also do PowerVU and TANDBERG

DaMacFunkin
09-01-17, 15:38
Yes and also do PowerVU and TANDBERG

I was just putting them under the Umberella of Stream Relay LOL.
I think it also handles some other stuff differently also but like we said...

bassethound
09-01-17, 15:58
im just playing with it so far the other non official version 1.2 and 1.4 do more :whistle:

rossi2000
09-01-17, 16:06
can you upload them please

bassethound
09-01-17, 16:16
cant get 1.2 to load but 1.4 i just ftp to /usr/softcams and CHMOD to 755 restart box and is ok

john doe
23-02-17, 12:02
if its just the same as Oscam, I could probably build it from source and add to feeds.

rossi - this would be great. I've started to setup mine up on the octagon 4k, but keep getting interrupted by people in the house! going to have a full on play once everyone out

john doe
23-02-17, 18:36
rossi - this would be great. I've started to setup mine up on the octagon 4k, but keep getting interrupted by people in the house! going to have a full on play once everyone out

got it working ncam1.1 needs further test and play around. very similar to oscam

skittle7
25-02-17, 22:24
Also got ncam 1.1 working with my Vu Uno 4K..
have no idea how this benefits me over oscam but got it working nevertheless!

john doe
26-02-17, 10:47
Also got ncam 1.1 working with my Vu Uno 4K..
have no idea how this benefits me over oscam but got it working nevertheless!

both ncam.oscam are very similar. tried to get ncam1.2 and 1.4 working but no luck. been testing for a few day and is just like oscam.no difference from what I can see