PDA

View Full Version : Ultimo 4K and VU+ Turbo Tuner Install

Nitemare
23-12-16, 23:51
Current set-up: Image VTi 11.0.1 - Ultimo 4K 2*FBC Twin Tuner & 1*DVB S2 Twin Tuner; Dish 1 - 36V Motorized 2.2M antenna (45°W - 45°E): Dish 2 - Motorized 1.0M antenna: Dish 3 - Fixed antenna at 28.2°E

Heads-up on FCC plugin

Hi all,
I'm just getting to grips with new Ultimo 4K and got round today to setting up the box.

Now let me state I'm a OpenBlackHole user and currently as VTi have the only image currently available for the Ultimo 4K I'm using it so I'm a bit unsure of its abilities!

I got all my sat connections from my 3 dishes fitted satisfactorily and all seem to be working as they did with my Duo 2 set-up. Then I attached my VU+ USB Turbo tuner (for local Freeview terrestrial reception) and whilst it was seen by the Ultimo 4K, I had sound but NO picture on my terrestrial TV channels!

After a bit of Googling on the Net I found that others had experienced a similar issue with the Solo 4K model ... the FCC (Fast Channel Change) plugin seemed to be the issue!! After I switched it off in the VTi image the channels via the Turbo tuner appeared!!

So I think its either a VTi image issue or the FCC plugin??!

Hope this helps any others setting up theier new machine!

Nitemare :)

Rob van der Does
24-12-16, 05:38
Don't worry: ViX won't have FCC.

DaMacFunkin
24-12-16, 07:46
Good, it caused me no end of problems because i wasn't aware of it, i even started a thread telling people to turn it off.

Ev0
24-12-16, 10:57
Yeh it's either a bug in the FCC plugin, or a driver issue, but it's the same on the Solo4K, Uno4K and Ultimo4K with any usb tuner as far as i'm aware.

Nitemare
24-12-16, 12:00
@EVO
I hope your "busy" working away preparing an "alternative" image for the Ultimo 4K!! lol

Thanks to you and all who make it happen ...

:thumbsup: